Ovis fan

Elite Member
Insider
Lived in Laramie (7,,220 ft) and often worked above 10,000 ft for seven years. The Pokes always played a running game at home. You would see the legs and shots drop off about midway in the second half. Football is worse with all the heavy padding. Opponents would rest their players by having injuries every few plays. That saved time outs. The elevation has a strong psychological effect, even for well conditioned athletes. You breathe much harder, therefore you must be tired. As for altitude sickness, it’s often more about dehydration than depleted oxygen.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Lived in Laramie (7,,220 ft) and often worked above 10,000 ft for seven years. The Pokes always played a running game at home. You would see the legs and shots drop off about midway in the second half. Football is worse with all the heavy padding. Opponents would rest their players by having injuries every few plays. That saved time outs. The elevation has a strong psychological effect, even for well conditioned athletes. You breathe much harder, therefore you must be tired. As for altitude sickness, it’s often more about dehydration than depleted oxygen.
Laramie... That takes me back, I was there for about two weeks when I was in high school for a national Episcopal youth event. Beautiful place. Funnily enough, I don't remember the altitude bothering me at all, it just felt amazing to be outside in 80+ degree heat with zero humidity during summer. Of course, other than hiking and some soccer, most of my time was spent in prayer (that I would meet more cute girls that day) and contemplation (of said cute girls).

We live at about 7800 feet. Took about two weeks to acclimate. The previous comment about hydration is spot on.
Went to Denver for a two week training course.
The instructor warned us to be careful, low ox and dehydration would make alcohol hit harder.
So naturally we all went out for a pop after training.
good times.

Man, I miss green Chili.

Gonna ask again cuz I didn't get a reply the first time -- can we update the name of this thread? This thread is going to be very active during the season and during his career, I don't expect people to post bones content in the "former rams in the pros" thread because it will dilute And overwhelm that thread.

Agree or should I let the idea die?

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Gonna ask again cuz I didn't get a reply the first time -- can we update the name of this thread? This thread is going to be very active during the season and during his career, I don't expect people to post bones content in the "former rams in the pros" thread because it will dilute And overwhelm that thread.

Agree or should I let the idea die?
Agree with thread title change.
But respectfully disagree with separating him from other rams in the pros. I thought this thread was only about his entering the NBA. I'm really excited to tune into that Pros thread, it's one of my faves here. IMHO once he left he joined those ranks. They're all in the same ranks, regardless of overseas, coaching, or NBA. Gotta be honest I'm just as excited to hear about Deri, Marcus, Issac, Juvonte, Justin, Troy, Tre, as I am Bones (was just breezin here, sorry if I left anyone out). But then again I realize we are all different with different ideas on things, so post away where you like.

We'll see how it goes, I just get the sense that people are going to post about Bones every single night and multiple times, I think it's going to flood the Rams in Pros thread.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
I think Bizzy can make this roster. And imagine if he was leading our Rams in war this year! Certain All-American as a Junior!