LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
So it's fine for the multi-millionaire NBA coach to blatantly lie for two weeks for no reason, including the day of the first game saying Bones would play that night, but it's blasphemy and idiotic for fans to call out and repeat his lies back to the team's Twitter. So says a holier-than-thou jackass who wants to lump that together with fans arguing directly with college players. Cool.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
So it's fine for the multi-millionaire NBA coach to blatantly lie for two weeks for no reason, including the day of the first game saying Bones would play that night, but it's blasphemy and idiotic for fans to call out and repeat his lies back to the team's Twitter. So says a holier-than-thou jackass who wants to lump that together with fans arguing directly with college players. Cool.
As the resident holier-than-thou jackass, that’s correct, I think it is silly.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member

Not only that... but on top of Malone saying he was gonna run with the 2nd unit... and through 2 games has seen 0 seconds.

1. Denver Nuggets own official Twitter account.... changing their Name of their twitter page to Bones Stan Account or something along those lines

2. the Nuggets sending Bones out there to Hype up the Crowd in their first official home game. Dude hasn't played a single second of NBA games that actually count & you send him out there? Why not Jamal Murray your star PG who is out injured right now? Why not Aaron Gordon? or Michael Porter Jr.... who they signed to a big offseason deal?

Sure Bones was the talk of Summer League & Preseason... but most would agree that all goes out the window when the regular season starts & you gotta start playing against the big boys.... the all stars, the possible future hall of famers... etc.

And again, its not just "us VCU fans" doing it.... it's actual Denver Nuggets fans doing it too.

Maybe if it's "such a big deal" Malone should have a talk with whoever runs Denver Nuggets Social Media accts / PR Department & ask them to stop hyping up Bones so much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . And maybe Malone should watch what he says for "fear of fans taking what he says too seriously" or holding him accountable for what he said.... especially when the 2nd unit he's supposedly gonna run with goes out there & looks subpar.... without Bones ever seeing the court, other than from his seat on the sideline.

Fact of the Matter is, a lotta people wanna see Bones play.... and until he does.... Malone is gonna hear about it from fans.... whether it be VCU fans pulling for the Nuggets because of Bones... or actual Nuggets fans who wanna see Bones play.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
✋Hi, I'm one of those "jackholes" who have shouted out to play Bones. I've also done it with many other players out there, too. Despite not being an avid NBA or NFL watcher, whilst respecting their privacy, I follow their games, activities and posts online and when I can in person before, during, and after their tenures here at VCU. I wanna see our guys play, rise and be all they can be. I have their best interests at heart. I'm an overly anxious, eager, engaged Ram fan- it's one of the few healthy obsessions I allow myself.

lllllllllllllllll.jpg

EDIT: I'm also not the keenest sports mind in the field, but I'm trying my best to soak up as much as I can along the way.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Fans clamoring publicly for certain players to get more or less playing time isn’t something that is either new or unique to VCU.

I find it laughable that people think this is such a big issue… or even an issue at all.

Last edited:

artRAMinMN

Elite Member
Of course there are people saying stupid ish online. People have been saying stupid ish since the dawn of language. And yes, I have seen plenty come from members of our fanbase... contributed now and then myself, no doubt. Sometimes it can even do some damage... but mostly it's just noise. C.o.d.b.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Fans clamoring publicly for certain players to get more or less playing time isn’t something that is either new or unique to VCU.

I find it laughable that people think this is such a big issue… or even an issue at all.
exactly. happens at every level from you rec leagues all the way up to the pros.... across all sports across the world.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider

I don’t think it is a big issue, i think people that do it are silly and like it even less when it is done under the cover of the VCU banner. Important though, not at all….revealing, yes.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
✋Hi, I'm one of those "jackholes" who have shouted out to play Bones. I've also done it with many other players out there, too. Despite not being an avid NBA or NFL watcher, whilst respecting their privacy, I follow their games, activities and posts online and when I can in person before, during, and after their tenures here at VCU. I wanna see our guys play, rise and be all they can be. I have their best interests at heart. I'm an overly anxious, eager, engaged Ram fan- it's one of the few healthy obsessions I allow myself.

View attachment 9969

EDIT: I'm also not the keenest sports mind in the field, but I'm trying my best to soak up as much as I can along the way.

giphy.gif
So, you’ll be supportive if, let’s say Nick Kern’s people pull up and quote Coach Rhoades’ preseason positive comments about Nick and then @VCU Basketball with comments akin to Nick should get more playing time, after the St Peters game. If you are good with that, so be it, we are on different sides of the issue—but I’ll respect the consistency.

And it’s jackalope, i would never call someone a jackhole.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
So, you’ll be supportive if, let’s say Nick Kern’s people pull up and quote Coach Rhoades’ preseason positive comments about Nick and then @VCU Basketball with comments akin to Nick should get more playing time, after the St Peters game. If you are good with that, so be it, we are on different sides of the issue—but I’ll respect the consistency.

And it’s jackalope, i would never call someone a jackhole.
If Nunn has a broken thumb you won't have to worry about Nick getting minutes.