VCU Heel

Elite Member
Through 3 quarters, the Nuggets bench has 7 points and 2 assists in 55 minutes.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Bench still with only 9 points and 3 assists in 72 combined minutes.

Almost a fight with lots of pushing and shoving. Bones didn’t even stand up. He knows this is bull poop. I hope he can keep his head up until his coach either gets his head out of his ass or gets fired.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
giphy.gif

VCU Heel

Elite Member
The Nugget’s bench is garbage. 75 minutes and only 13 points and 3 assists. 8 of those points from Jeff Green. No guard play at all off the bench.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
The Nugget’s bench is garbage. 75 minutes and only 13 points and 3 assists. 8 of those points from Jeff Green. No guard play at all off the bench.
I did not watch it last night. The box score tells it all. I just do not get the Campazzo minutes. A 5'11 guard that cannot shoot is not something that is going to help a line up with poor shooters. Campazzo's only strengths are passing and D although the D is a questionable strength. He cannot really guard shooters due to his height. Just seems like a poor coaching decision to ride with Facu.

buckwheat

Elite Member
I might end my streak of watching every minute of Nuggets basketball this year. I’ve seen enough of this clown coach. Jokic having to play his arse off to keep his team in the game. Trying to do to much can put you in harms way.

Yep. Fact is, without a 100% healthy Jamal Murray, that team isn’t really a threat to any of the west’s best teams. Joking is fantastic, but he alone isn’t enough. Even a healthy Murray likely wouldn’t get them out of the west, and who knows what to even make of his career at this point. As long as Jokic remains healthy they’ll probably still make the playoffs. Second round is probably their ceiling.

Hyland will get his run. 82 games is a very, very long season.

like most here I am having problems understanding Nuggets rotation. Most teams sort of expand rotations early in the year to see what they got.
we all recognized Bones would have a transition period in learning how to play NBA defense and value the ball (especially in 2nd half)
Right now, Malone is no closer to answers on Bones capabilities.
There will be injuries - so no doubt Bones will see those minutes (provided injuries are to G position)
only other explanation I can guess is Nuggets played some challenging teams so far (phoenix,jazz) and he did not want to rely upon rookie - But then again Cleveland and San Antonio are not top of the barrel opponens
Like some of you I am not as much of a critic of Malone's coaching . over the last 5 years the nuggets have over performed IMHO and Malone was part of that equation.
But.... I passionately believe that Bones deserves no less than 8-10 minutes a game when team is healthy and 15-20 if an injury at guard
Facundo is not that bad, though his Offensive skills are nowhere close to Bones ceiling - Also Bones is 10 years younger the Facundo and to me makes limited sense from an intermediate of long-term perspective to invest so many minutes in.
Some NBA coaches usually give vets 5-10 games to get into rhythm, though this is Faccundo's second year in NBA so not a vet.
I would be at DEFCON 5 level if Bones in not getting 8-15 minutes come game 10
Oklahoma City or Houston would have been better landing spots for Bones to gain experience
OKC has 3 draft choices getting minutes
Houston has 2 getting minutes
go Bones

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Bones is only 4 games into his NBA career. The NBA season is a long season compared to college basketball. You guys need to be patient! He may have been a first round pick, but he was not a lottery pick. He will pay his dues like most other rookies. He will be fine. If he's still riding the bench in January, then get upset.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Bones is only 4 games into his NBA career. The NBA season is a long season compared to college basketball. You guys need to be patient! He may have been a first round pick, but he was not a lottery pick. He will pay his dues like most other rookies. He will be fine. If he's still riding the bench in January, then get upset.
Thanks for letting me know how I should feel. I am patient and I am watching their team. Malone has an issue with his roster coming off the bench that is costing him games.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Thanks for letting me know how I should feel. I am patient and I am watching their team. Malone has an issue with his roster coming off the bench that is costing him games.

Malone has taken Denver to the conference semi-finals twice and the conference finals once in the last 3 years. His record at Denver over the last three years is 147 - 80. Bones is only one piece to the puzzle.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Fanboys starting to get a bit riled up
Not just the fans. This combo issue seems to have been an ongoing issue under Malone. The writers are also questioning his game time substitution patterns along with poor play by the 6th man on down the line of the second unit.