AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Malone has taken Denver to the conference semi-finals twice and the conference finals once in the last 3 years. His record at Denver over the last three years is 147 - 80. Bones is only one piece to the puzzle.
Hey, if you want to defend Malone go for it. He has the POY on his roster and he better figure it out. They have underachieved IMO.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Does it matter though if those complaining are adding 0 value?

They are only 4 games into the season. They have another 78 regular season games to go, plus the playoffs. Malone has been a successful coach at Denver. I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing or Denver would not have had the success they have had over the last three years.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
I suspect he has a team ego issue if he turns to the kid too soon.
Or maybe another situation like Tebow with the Broncos?

Tebow comes in to replace whoever the QB was (Kyle Orton I think)... they made the switch.. Denver had only 1 or 2 wins before the switch... and after the switch to Tebow... they were 8-8 and found themselves in the playoffs... and ended up beating my Steelers on the first (or second) play of over time.... then got demolished by NE.

During that following offseason Denver acquired Peyton Manning from IND... and traded (I think) Tebow to the jets.

The reasoning I heard behind it was... In the event that Manning had a bad game.... they didnt want "Tebow Mania" taking over and start begging for them to bench Manning (a HOFer) for Tebow. They did not want that possible distraction around the team.

So my guess is that despite the lack of performance from Facu & Rivers... Malone is trying to keep Bones from "taking off" too soon. To the point that when Jamal Murray comes back.... fans (even those outside of the VCU fanbase) are gonna be tuned in... waiting for Murray to have a bad night & then fans are going to start clamoring for him to play over Murray.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member

Tebow comes in to replace whoever the QB was (Kyle Orton I think)... they made the switch.. Denver had only 1 or 2 wins before the switch... and after the switch to Tebow... they were 8-8 and found themselves in the playoffs... and ended up beating my Steelers on the first (or second) play of over time.... then got demolished by NE.

During that following offseason Denver acquired Peyton Manning from IND... and traded (I think) Tebow to the jets.

The reasoning I heard behind it was... In the event that Manning had a bad game.... they didnt want "Tebow Mania" taking over and start begging for them to bench Manning (a HOFer) for Tebow. They did not want that possible distraction around the team.

So my guess is that despite the lack of performance from Facu & Rivers... Malone is trying to keep Bones from "taking off" too soon. To the point that when Jamal Murray comes back.... fans (even those outside of the VCU fanbase) are gonna be tuned in... waiting for Murray to have a bad night & then fans are going to start clamoring for him to play over Murray.
We are a long, long way from Bones starting over Murray.

VCU94MCV98

Elite Member
They are only 4 games into the season. They have another 78 regular season games to go, plus the playoffs.

0*qXxr5Sq7hopPlUMQ.png

Sorry, had to do it.

buckwheat

Elite Member

This situational comparison makes absolutely zero sense on multiple levels. Jamal Murray is a fantastic pro when healthy. He was a lottery pick who was gaining steam toward being an all-star when he got hurt. There is no comparison between his situation and that of a bad NFL QB.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
This situational comparison makes absolutely zero sense on multiple levels. Jamal Murray is a fantastic pro when healthy. He was a lottery pick who was gaining steam toward being an all-star when he got hurt. There is no comparison between his situation and that of a bad NFL QB.
The comparison isn’t between Tebow and Murray. It’s Tebows Situation and how Malone is handling Bones.

Yes Tebow was a bad NFL QB… but even bringing in a HOFer like Manning most teams aren’t just gonna cut/trade away their rookie QB right away unless they think he’s gonna be a distraction…. Especially one who wins them a playoff game in their rookie year.

They coulda let Manning work with Tebow on his throwing mechanics and what not. But they traded him away instead.

My point of bringing up Murray is… in this situation he’s in Peyton Mannings position… when he comes back he’s gonna be the starter from Day 1 over Morris, Bones, Facu or anyone else… we all know that.

But Bones in this situation would be Tebow and all of Bones fans in this situation would be tebows fans.

And what I mean by that is… if Murray comes back from his injury and starts struggling and Bones is playing well and maybe even has over taken Morris’ spot on the depth chart at PG… people are gonna be clamoring for Bones to start over Murray the same way people woulda been clamoring for Tebow to start over Manning if Peyton started struggling (who was also coming back from injury that year).

And instead of dealing with the distractions of “Tebow mania” they opted to trade him to the Jets.

So Malone right now instead of letting Bones go out there and Light it up… he’s been holding him back from getting minutes (despite his 2nd unit being very lackluster thus far). And in doing so…. It’s stopping any chance of Bones fans having legit reasons to clamor for him to start over Murray when He comes back from injury.

Obviously if Murray doesn’t struggle and goes out there and plays at a high level like he usual does…. Then it won’t matter how well Bones is playing.