AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I haven’t. Maybe I’ll give it a watch this weekend, although I’ve been hoping to watch Dune.
It is worth looking out for. I remember loving it. True genius.
Speaking of, do you happen to know if that'll be on ESPN+? I assume not but you know what they say
They never air it. Last one I remember the radio guys broadcast it. There is always a first time so never lose hope.

Last edited:

ISwamRam

Elite Member
We TRIED to make it thru the movie.. man, it seriously put us to sleep. It's like a drug.
..ok...I hate contributing to the off-topic...but I'm a big Dune fan...the books, that is. I watched the new movie; I felt like I was watching a series of IG or TikTok videos with a lot of dramatic pauses/posing. And don't get me started on the character development...or lack there of (at least David Lynch's version brought out the true depravity of the Baron, albeit taking some creative liberties)
the CG and graphics were pretty good, though.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
..ok...I hate contributing to the off-topic...but I'm a big Dune fan...the books, that is. I watched the new movie; I felt like I was watching a series of IG or TikTok videos with a lot of dramatic pauses/posing. And don't get me started on the character development...or lack there of (at least David Lynch's version brought out the true depravity of the Baron, albeit taking some creative liberties)
the CG and graphics were pretty good, though.
It was eye candy.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
We TRIED to make it thru the movie.. man, it seriously put us to sleep. It's like a drug.
You two are crazy. Dune is one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. And it’s the most accurate to the book of any movie I’ve ever seen. I can’t wait for part 2.

Apparently, if Thanos isn’t fight the Hulk in the first 5 minutes of a movie, then it’s boring for most Mericans.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
250929185_10159449877123610_1783039771114477309_n.jpg

You two are crazy. Dune is one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. And it’s the most accurate to the book of any movie I’ve ever seen. I can’t wait for part 2.

Apparently, if Thanos isn’t fight the Hulk in the first 5 minutes of a movie, then it’s boring for most Mericans.
Not a huge fan of the Marvel universe, but thanks? Dune is similar to the book but it removes all of the character development (like the backstory of Yeah, the relationship between Lady Jessica and Duke Leto, the suspense about spice, and the reasons behind the Barron and the rest of Leto's camp just to name a few). If anything, Jason Momoa's take on Duncan is sort of like the Marvels take on the hulk.

Forgot to mention that the movie also forgets to explain why everyone is fighting with knives even when the houses have nukes and super spaceships.

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Sounds like Malone is spouting off about playing two starters with the second unit because of their ineffectiveness.