WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
And now Malone has been ejected. I can’t say I blame him for getting hot at the refs though.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
The second unit is struggling tonight, Bones included.
Bones had a beautiful fast break one handed whip pass to Dozier who took three steps and then Bones put a nice inside move on two defenders. His shot hit the backboard and was smacked away. Refs missed it.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member

In item 8. The Denver Nuggets' bench showing signs of life:

"Bones Hyland is as delightful as advertised. He toys with big men on switches. He dusts them, or clears space for step-back bombs; he is 9-of-22 on pull-up 3s. He jolts the offense with swing passes and crisp post entries. He is longer than you expect on defense."

If you don't keep up with the NBA, this was written by the premier pro basketball journalist working today.

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider

In item 8. The Denver Nuggets' bench showing signs of life:

"Bones Hyland is as delightful as advertised. He toys with big men on switches. He dusts them, or clears space for step-back bombs; he is 9-of-22 on pull-up 3s. He jolts the offense with swing passes and crisp post entries. He is longer than you expect on defense."
The guys he plays with on the second unit are less than desirable for complete success. Bones is in there with Rivers, Campazzo and JaMychal Green. He would do better in my opinion with a staggered starter unit or on the second unit with Nnaji, Bol Bol and even Marcus Howard.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
The guys he plays with on the second unit are less than desirable for complete success. Bones is in there with Rivers, Campazzo and JaMychal Green. He would do better in my opinion with a staggered starter unit or on the second unit with Nnaji, Bol Bol and even Marcus Howard.
Nnaji - yes

Bol and Howard - no thanks

I think Bones can play reasonably well with basically anyone, but I agree he can play way better with the starters - he has acres of space to shoot or drive when they go with the Jones (Jokic/Bones) lineup.