VCU Heel

Elite Member
You’ve got a really good scorer.

You get him ZERO shots in the first quarter.

You’re a great coach Mike Malone.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Bones, a class act all the way.
🖤I talked with someone about it tonight... it's been less than 1 year since he was drafted 26th, but coming out top 5.
Considering the circumstantial nook he fell into which has provided him a perfect opportunity to showcase and better himself, the impact on all involved he's had which has been pretty significant, all things considered, he was exceeded expectations. Person I spoke with about him said he's seen all he needs to see for one season. He's been both lucky and has risen to the moment. It hasn't been absolutely perfect, but darn close. As He's has far more ups than downs. He's with a fanbase that adores him. Anyone who's a Bones fan, and he's got a LOT of them out there now, they all love him. As Ram fans, we have a LOT to be proud of, and VCU has benefitted off his work in the NBA.💛

PhantomRam

Elite Member
🖤I talked with someone about it tonight... it's been less than 1 year since he was drafted 26th, but coming out top 5.
Considering the circumstantial nook he fell into which has provided him a perfect opportunity to showcase and better himself, the impact on all involved he's had which has been pretty significant, all things considered, he was exceeded expectations. Person I spoke with about him said he's seen all he needs to see for one season. He's been both lucky and has risen to the moment. It hasn't been absolutely perfect, but darn close. As He's has far more ups than downs. He's with a fanbase that adores him. Anyone who's a Bones fan, and he's got a LOT of them out there now, they all love him. As Ram fans, we have a LOT to be proud of, and VCU has benefitted off his work in the NBA.💛
Spot on and I wouldn't wish anything different for the young man. However, as a Ram fan I cannot help but still think "what if".

RonnieDobbs

Elite Member
Article in The Athletic re-drafting last year's NBA draft.

https://theathletic.com/3246365/2022/04/28/2021-nba-re-draft-cade-cunningham-scottie-barnes/

18. Bones Hyland | 6-3 guard | Denver Nuggets | Original Selection: No. 26

Hyland is just all sorts of creative, and he fits exceedingly well in the situation he’s in right now in Denver. He rises up this board more than any other player outside of Jones. He averaged 10 points, three rebounds and three assists despite being thrust into minutes a bit earlier than expected given where he is on defense right now. But Hyland knows how to get a bucket in ways that NBA players do. He’s extremely creative and unpredictable with ball in hand, and his shooting range out to 30 feet means teams are going to have to guard him far away from the rim, which opens up even more space for his teammates and for himself on forays to the basket. This is a really good pick by Denver, and he will profile well, either as a potential starter or as a very valuable sixth man.