Great first year for Bones! He ended up in a great situation for a rookie drafted near the end of round 1 ( lot's of teams ahead of Denver in draft missed on their scouting of Bones).

Bones has lots of work to do, but 99% of Rookies in the NBA have lots of work to do.

I don't worry on the offensive end as much as I do on the defensive end for Bones . I like it when Bones hunts his shots on offense. I think in big games he defers too much to the more established players and with the Nuggets only Jokic is worth deferring to.

On defense Bones needs to improve. While the Dubs have some dynamite guards, too many times they just blew by Bones to the rim or created easy pick n roll options because Bones is not anticipating pick and fighting over the pick. Bones also needs to continue to work on help defense in the rotations that occur when the opponent is moving the ball (draymond green would be a great teammate to play with as well as he looks for his teammates)

Playoff basketball is a unique animal because defense is played for the whole game, Teams potentially have 7 games to play against one opponent and good coaches make adjustments or identify weaknesses and exploit. If a player does not do a good job on defending the pick n roll, most coaches will exploit that over and over during crunch time. I think that was part of why we did not see Bones on the court in crunch time. But he is a rookie and has not had the opportunity to defend in college the best of the best like he needs to in the NBA.

I remain confident Bones has the desire to succeed and will rise to the challenge.

Go Bones

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Give Bones an assist .... the Nuggets' rookie likely had a hand in Nikola Jokic winning this year's league MVP. They meshed smoothly on the court and, I'm told, were inseparable in Denver's late-night party scene.
I've heard Jokic mostly stays in

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I've heard Jokic mostly stays in
The funniest end of the season quote regarding Jokic was something like.....Mike Malone said, I told Nikola I was going to come to Serbia this summer. Jokic said, you can come to Serbia but you will not find me.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member

VCU74

Elite Member
If was fun watching those Philly game highlights, perfect game for him to show up!