RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Everyone loves a winner. He is in the Family right? :roll: Kid did his thing. Second team All Rookie.

Any of you still angry at how Malone brought him along? Smells like perfection to me.

No we all need to ge behind Vince. My guess is he signs a 2way Contract and starts in the D League with a call up to come.
Hey we'll take it. Honestly think he coulda been 1st team if Malone didn't hold him back so much in the beginning. But it is what it is.

As far as Vince goes.... certainly pulling for him, hope he gets drafted.... but my prediction is he goes undrafted. Signs somewhere to play in Summer League, has a pretty good Summer League & gets signed by someone in the G-League.... and then get's a mid season call up (if not sooner because of injury).

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Hey we'll take it. Honestly think he coulda been 1st team if Malone didn't hold him back so much in the beginning. But it is what it is.

As far as Vince goes.... certainly pulling for him, hope he gets drafted.... but my prediction is he goes undrafted. Signs somewhere to play in Summer League, has a pretty good Summer League & gets signed by someone in the G-League.... and then get's a mid season call up (if not sooner because of injury).
I love predictions (sarcasm font). It is like betting. Good luck. Ha!

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Hey, I hope I'm wrong... but that's just an honest prediction. I did hear some people saying he'd be a good fit with the Heat. Certainly wouldn't mind that.
The NBA is tough. Good luck to Vince. I see players all the time and wonder how some stick and some don't. Some don't get the chance. I still think Vince will get drafted. I see some signs from prognosticators that I followed last year on twitter due to Bones spring and summer rise that are giving Vince a real chance.

Hyland may have had the best NBA rookie season of any former VCU hoopster. I'll need to check the stats for Eric Maynor and Larry Sanders to be sure. You might be also be surprised at the rookie numbers Ed Sherod put up for the Knicks.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Hyland may have had the best NBA rookie season of any former VCU hoopster. I'll need to check the stats for Eric Maynor and Larry Sanders to be sure. You might be also be surprised at the rookie numbers Ed Sherod put up for the Knicks.
No need to check. He has easily done that with being voted for the all-rookie team. His vote tally made him the 8th best rookie last season. Bones average 10 points over an entire NBA season. I don't even think another player has done it in any season. Maynor was fantastic with a long career but I am pretty sure he never average double digits on points.

urmite

Elite Member
No need to check. He has easily done that with being voted for the all-rookie team. His vote tally made him the 8th best rookie last season. Bones average 10 points over an entire NBA season. I don't even think another player has done it in any season. Maynor was fantastic with a long career but I am pretty sure he never average double digits on points.
Looks like Gerald Henderson averaged double figures his third (Boston), fifth (Boston), sixth (Seattle), seventh (Seattle), and eighth seasons?
Not sure that is right. Doubt he played 144 games in 1986-1987...

But you guys have too many players for me to check them all. :lol:

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Looks like Gerald Henderson averaged double figures his third (Boston), fifth (Boston), sixth (Seattle), seventh (Seattle), and eighth seasons?
Not sure that is right. Doubt he played 144 games in 1986-1987...

But you guys have too many players for me to check them all. :lol:
Good catch. I will update and say I think that Henderson and Bones are the only ones to average double figures for a season. Now someone else will prove me wrong 😂

I don't even think another player has done it in any season. Maynor was fantastic with a long career but I am pretty sure he never average double digits on points.
maybe before your time but Gerald Henderson has the best NBA career of any VCU player to date- 13 years in the show (probably started about 4 of those years) multiple NBA Championship rings
avg over 10 a game for maybe 4 of those years - though Gerald was never much of a primetime scorer - more of a defender, ball handler etc - role player (real athlete - former state long jump champion in High school as an example)
Bones clearly has more offensive upside though doubt he will ever rise to the level of Gerald on D.
(henderson's minutes played in NBA about 5 times more than Maynor as way of perspective - Gerald avoided major injuries while Eric did not)

go rams and go bones