AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
maybe before your time but Gerald Henderson has the best NBA career of any VCU player to date- 13 years in the show (probably started about 4 of those years) multiple NBA Championship rings
avg over 10 a game for maybe 4 of those years - though Gerald was never much of a primetime scorer - more of a defender, ball handler etc - role player (real athlete - former state long jump champion in High school as an example)
Bones clearly has more offensive upside though doubt he will ever rise to the level of Gerald on D.
(henderson's minutes played in NBA about 5 times more than Maynor as way of perspective - Gerald avoided major injuries while Eric did not)

go rams and go bones
Yeah. A UR guy already set me straight on the fact he averaged double digits over several seasons.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Hyland may have had the best NBA rookie season of any former VCU hoopster. I'll need to check the stats for Eric Maynor and Larry Sanders to be sure. You might be also be surprised at the rookie numbers Ed Sherod put up for the Knicks.
Rookie season stats by VCU Players the last 10-15 years

Eric Maynor (09-10)- 82 GP (2 Starts), 15.7 Mins Per game, 4.7 PPG, 1.6 RPG, 3.3 APG
Larry Sanders (10-11)- 60 GP (12 Starts), 14.5 Mins Per game, 4.3 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 1.2 BPG
Troy Daniels (13-14)- 5 GP (1 Start), 15 Mins Per Game, 8.4 PPG, 1.0 APG
(14-15)- 47 GP (0 Starts), 8.4 Mins per game, 3.7 PPG
Briante Weber- (15-16)- 7 GP (4 starts), 24.1 Mins per game, 4.4 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.3 SPG
(16-17)- 20 GP (0 starts), 10.3 Mins per game, 3.1 PPG, 1.3 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.6 SPG
Treveon Graham- (16-17)- 27 GP (1 Start), 7 mins per game, 2.1 PPG

Bones Hyland- (21-22)- 69 games (4 starts), 19 Mins per game, 10.1 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 2.8 APG, 0.6 SPG,

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Ryan Blackburn on twitter did a podcast last night.... talks about possible loss of Nuggets GM looming. The loss of an assistant coach who left for another team. And starting at the 26:30ish mark, talking about Bones making 2nd team all rookie & recapping Bones' season.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Ryan Blackburn on twitter did a podcast last night.... talks about possible loss of Nuggets GM looming. The loss of an assistant coach who left for another team. And starting at the 26:30ish mark, talking about Bones making 2nd team all rookie & recapping Bones' season.

I have been reading the Denver posts on this. They love the guy and are worried. I feel like Denver is in serious need of roster reconstruction if they want to contend for a title. That is even if Murray and Porter are healthy. I did not like the max contract for Porter by the way. Maybe Connelly is not being paid enough or he knows that some big trades and acquisitions need to be made and he over extended with that max contract? Who knows? I see that their fans do not think much of the owner. I do think this offseason there is going to be serious movement going on with the Nuggets. Has to be.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
I have been reading the Denver posts on this. They love the guy and are worried. I feel like Denver is in serious need of roster reconstruction if they want to contend for a title. That is even if Murray and Porter are healthy. I did not like the max contract for Porter by the way. Maybe Connelly is not being paid enough or he knows that some big trades and acquisitions need to be made and he over extended with that max contract? I see that their fans do not think much of the owner. Who knows? I do think this offseason there is going to be serious movement going on with the Nuggets. Has to be.
I didn't like it either. Talented player sure.... but dude never seems to stay healthy, dating back to his days in college. Not to mention Idk how they can afford Murray, Jokic, Porter & if they have any plans of re-signing Gordon or giving him a big deal (if they haven't already).... not to mention guys like Morris & Bones.

Definitely going to be interesting with the Draft a month away, and seeing what all Denver does in FA & the draft.

Mercury

Elite Member
I have been reading the Denver posts on this. They love the guy and are worried. I feel like Denver is in serious need of roster reconstruction if they want to contend for a title. That is even if Murray and Porter are healthy. I did not like the max contract for Porter by the way. Maybe Connelly is not being paid enough or he knows that some big trades and acquisitions need to be made and he over extended with that max contract? Who knows? I see that their fans do not think much of the owner. I do think this offseason there is going to be serious movement going on with the Nuggets. Has to be.

The Nuggets are very top heavy and things will be even worse once Joker gets his super max.

They will have to fill the back of the roster with Min salary vets and hope they can squeeze enough juice out of them to make it to the end.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
The Nuggets are very top heavy and things will be even worse once Joker gets his super max.

They will have to fill the back of the roster with Min salary vets and hope they can squeeze enough juice out of them to make it to the end.
Or use good players as trade bait. That might be freaking out Connelly.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Or use good players as trade bait. That might be freaking out Connelly.
That def seems like a possible situation... I mean at Guard alone (not sure of contract statuses)....

Facu
Markus Howard
Bones Hyland
Monte Morris
Jamal Murray
Bryn Forbes
Davon Reed
Austin Rivers

That's a lot of Guards. Then at PF you got
Aaron Gordon
JaMychal Green
Jeff Green
Zeke Nnaji

And thats just PF.. not even including Cancar & Porter Jr. at SF.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
I was saying at the start of the season, when the Nuggets understand how Bones plays, feeding him WHEN he's hot is essential. Like, you win games by growing to recognize his bodily movements, and behavior, when he's streaking, and feed him. There are times he's warmed up that he'll shoot >70%, that's the time to get the ball in his hands when he's freed up.

Rookie season stats by VCU Players the last 10-15 years

Eric Maynor (09-10)- 82 GP (2 Starts), 15.7 Mins Per game, 4.7 PPG, 1.6 RPG, 3.3 APG
Larry Sanders (10-11)- 60 GP (12 Starts), 14.5 Mins Per game, 4.3 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 1.2 BPG
Troy Daniels (13-14)- 5 GP (1 Start), 15 Mins Per Game, 8.4 PPG, 1.0 APG
(14-15)- 47 GP (0 Starts), 8.4 Mins per game, 3.7 PPG
Briante Weber- (15-16)- 7 GP (4 starts), 24.1 Mins per game, 4.4 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.3 SPG
(16-17)- 20 GP (0 starts), 10.3 Mins per game, 3.1 PPG, 1.3 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.6 SPG
Treveon Graham- (16-17)- 27 GP (1 Start), 7 mins per game, 2.1 PPG

Bones Hyland- (21-22)- 69 games (4 starts), 19 Mins per game, 10.1 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 2.8 APG, 0.6 SPG,
Good work, Rowdy .... now let's turn back the clock ... During 1982-83 season, Ed Sherod averaged 6.2 points, 2.3 rebounds and 4.9 assists for Knicks, while logging 25.4 minutes per contest. In 1979-80, Gerald Henderson played in 76 games for Celtics (two starts), averaging 6.2 points, 1,9 assists and 1.1 rebounds ... he averaged 14 minutes. That homegrown Sherod-Henderson backcourt was really something for the Rams.