duncanlamb

Elite Member
Okay. I love Bones...but in the same conversation with those other guys??

This requires the chuckster/analytics comment.

I am talking about the guy who came up with stat..not you @MobileMunchies ... you dont need stats to prove that you are a star in my book.

Last edited:

rammad90

Elite Member
These stats demonstrate why some stats are misleading. If you look at the other 4 guys they all played 36 or close to 36 minutes in there rookie season as such the projection isnt that far off from their actual production for their rookie season.

In Bone's case the scoring and rebounding arent close to his actual production. However, it does demonstrate that he had a productive season.

VCU94MCV98

Elite Member
These stats demonstrate why some stats are misleading. If you look at the other 4 guys they all played 36 or close to 36 minutes in there rookie season as such the projection isnt that far off from their actual production for their rookie season.

In Bone's case the scoring and rebounding arent close to his actual production. However, it does demonstrate that he had a productive season.

This doesn't so much demonstrate that the stats are misleading; Bones truly produced at this rate and we all know that he does not control his MPG.
Rather, it brings up a more tantalizing question: could Bones have sustained his level of production if he had played starter's minutes? If so, he would've recorded a rookie season statistically-comparable to some of the greatest players the game has ever seen. And also Ben Simmons.

Last edited:

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
This doesn't so much demonstrate that the stats are misleading; Bones truly produced at this rate and we all know that he does not control his MPG.
Rather, it brings up a more tantalizing question: could Bones have sustained his level of production if he had played starter's minutes? If so, he would've recorded a rookie season statistically-comparable to some of the greatest players the game has ever seen. And also Ben Simmons.
If Bones gets the minutes and opportunity, his absolute floor is contending for Sixth Man of the Year. His ceiling is higher. Like... a lot higher.

rammad90

Elite Member
If Bones gets the minutes and opportunity, his absolute floor is contending for Sixth Man of the Year. His ceiling is higher. Like... a lot higher.
While I love Bones, Bones got the minutes he deserved this year. Malone did a great job on bringing him along. Had Bones played longer when he was bad I his numbers and likely confidence would have dropped.

Next year, given this experience, I would agree that Bones will be in the mix.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
While I love Bones, Bones got the minutes he deserved this year. Malone did a great job on bringing him along. Had Bones played longer when he was bad I his numbers and likely confidence would have dropped.

We will have to agree to disagree that playing out the string with Facu was a good idea, but I suppose it's possible Malone didn't realize Bones is best at point guard (despite him running the point for them during all of Summer League). Fwiw I was referring to next year, where it sounds like we're in agreement.

no doubt he will be in the mix but Murray's return will consume 35 minutes per game at the guard position - what will happen in the off-season with Rivers (UFA) and monte morris (not UFA until after 24 season ) and Barton (not UFA until after 23 season) will ultimately determine Bones minutes and injuries ( UFA is unrestricted free agent (sorry for jargon))

that and his progress on defense because IMHO his offensive upside is just as good as Morris and Barton, currently and no doubt better than Rivers since Bones arrived

IMO Bones will get 17-22 mpg in the early going and based upon performance and health of all Guards will determine if he sees more or less

Go Bones

rammad90

Elite Member
no doubt he will be in the mix but Murray's return will consume 35 minutes per game at the guard position - what will happen in the off-season with Rivers (UFA) and monte morris (not UFA until after 24 season ) and Barton (not UFA until after 23 season) will ultimately determine Bones minutes and injuries ( UFA is unrestricted free agent (sorry for jargon))

that and his progress on defense because IMHO his offensive upside is just as good as Morris and Barton, currently and no doubt better than Rivers since Bones arrived

IMO Bones will get 17-22 mpg in the early going and based upon performance and health of all Guards will determine if he sees more or less

Go Bones
I agree. Especially, Bones needs to work on conditioning, strength, and D. If he wants to make a leap this summer's work is critical.

Let's hope he puts in the work. How cool would it be to find Tre, Bones, Troy, (Bri will be in the 3 on 3 league), Shu and all the rest of the guys in the BDC doing work this summer.