PRock

Elite Member
Insider
I figured you good folks who have walked in Bones' shoes would be supportive. Oh you havent. Whatever. If you arent where he is from you cannot imagine the pressure he will face early on (until he makes real life changing money) trying to keep his assets. Fwiw, his boys are likely his worst financial enemies until he establishes himself.

Btw Bones aint Dame. Dame makes 40 plus million Bones makes1.5-2. Dame makes another at least 15 million in endorsements with the 100 million 10 year deal with Adidas as the corner stone. Bones may have 100k in endorsements at this point. Dame is worth at least 70 million, Bones maybe 1 minion. Dame is guaranteed another at least 120 million Bones 1.5-2

Again, Bones aint Dame. There's a difference. We are talking apples to oranges.

Also, for every Dame there are more than a few Derrick Colemans who while trying to do good lost most of their earnings.
Bones is a first round draft pick from a non-P6 school, just like Dame was with nothing but his game, his mindset and his will. Bones has his eyes on the prize and there is a road map blazed by modern and sophisticated players. You are stuck in the small time “Jocks are Jocks” Mad Dog mindset, acting like he is some slub trying to make the league. Bones is not that, the guy belongs there, has a great head on his shoulders, ambitions and driven by a higher purpose. The best any of us can do is admire the young man and support his journey. If anything, Bones should be lauded for not putting all his eggs in one basket….the key for these young men is to take that bag and make it many bags, diversify, diversify, diversify. You don’t know him, his boys or his family….I guess one can assume they are drags on him, but if one takes Bones at his word, they lift him up. Hate all you want, despite what any of us think, Bones is going to do his thing….might as well support him, he is one of us.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Bones is a first round draft pick from a non-P6 school, just like Dame was with nothing but his game, his mindset and his will. Bones has his eyes on the prize and there is a road map blazed by modern and sophisticated players. You are stuck in the small time “Jocks are Jocks” Mad Dog mindset, acting like he is some slub trying to make the league. Bones is not that, the guy belongs there, has a great head on his shoulders, ambitions and driven by a higher purpose. The best any of us can do is admire the young man and support his journey. If anything, Bones should be lauded for not putting all his eggs in one basket….the key for these young men is to take that bag and make it many bags, diversify, diversify, diversify. You don’t know him, his boys or his family….I guess one can assume they are drags on him, but if one takes Bones at his word, they lift him up. Hate all you want, despite what any of us think, Bones is going to do his thing….might as well support him, he is one of us.
Bones is probably one of the most well-rounded people ever to come through VCU. He doesn’t let fame get to his head, he just does what he does. He’ll be fine.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
I take no one hear follows @tressigang on IG. Ace and Watkins are part of tressi. They are on the road in Atlanta now, hanging out and playing pro am summer ball. See 30 minutes of play on tressigang's IG feed.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I take no one hear follows @tressigang on IG. Ace and Watkins are part of tressi. They are on the road in Atlanta now, hanging out and playing pro am summer ball. See 30 minutes of play on tressigang's IG feed.
I hope they’re NCAA sanctioned events. Players can get suspended for games if they play in non-sanctioned events.

Mercury

Elite Member
I'd rather he focus on basketball. Investing with your homies on things like music, night clubs, or restaurants/food trucks sure way to end up losing your dollars and getting distracted.

#focus
I’m sure you have hobbies and don’t focus on your job 24/7. Why can’t he be the same way?

Ramaholic

Elite Member
It is his life and his choice. What I fear most is that Bones is passionate about his music and bc of his financial situation, he is a target for some unscrupulous actors. Bones Bball skills make him a lot of $$ and those skills have a short expiration date. He should absolutely do what he wants, But he is young and young people are prone to making judgement mistakes. Bones has no lack of people telling him what he wants to hear and "hey bro, can I borrow some money?" I hope he has mature people around him guiding him that are not all about worshipping him and/ or wanting money.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Are ya'll sure they are playing a Pro Am? Looks to me like they are hanging out together. They seem to be in Tulum, Mexico now. Ha!
Dunno if they're going but Tulum has some incredible ruins. I like Cozumel better because it's more low key (plus great for diving/snorkeling) but Tulum has way better ruins. Chacchoben beats both in that department.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Dude taking the main in their recent video, if I'm not mistaken, accompanied him on his VCU OV, I actually met him first. To meet Bones first you had to go through him. When we first met, with him in the foreground, Bones was in the background looking up at us in the cart. I understand fully, a lot like some reggae singers we've been fortunate enough to meet and chat with- UB40, Barrington Levy, J Boog, Stephen Marley, Julian Marley who had a short, highly pugnacious astute dread who carried with him a small machete. In our trips around town with Julian in my passenger seat, lil dread sat in the babyseat behind my drivers' seat just in case I needed to be put in check. You never would earn his trust. We've hung out with a lot of reggae musicians.. quite a few more have managers/caretakers/bodymen you have to go through first. To chat with J Boog (Compton/Hawaii), you first had to go through Anewathu, tribal-tatted, bones through earlobes big man with a surprisingly soft voice, who watched his back 24/7 while Boog carries on before the show, while performing from the side of the stage with big ole ham hock biceps folded the entire time, and afterward. But LOL it's not the big guys you gotta worry about, it's the shorter dudes, LOL.
I'm not a big fan of the word "loyalty", but certain people have highly loyal friends who will closely watch their backs.
And that loyalty is reciprocal.

Last edited:

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Dude taking the main in their recent video, if I'm not mistaken, accompanied him on his VCU OV, I actually met him first. To meet Bones first you had to go through him. When we first met, with him in the foreground, Bones was in the background looking up at us in the cart. I understand fully, a lot like some reggae singers we've been fortunate enough to meet and chat with- UB40, Barrington Levy, J Boog, Stephen Marley, Julian Marley who had a short, highly pugnacious astute dread who carried with him a small machete. In our trips around town with Julian in my passenger seat, lil dread sat in the babyseat behind my drivers' seat just in case I needed to be put in check. You never would earn his trust. We've hung out with a lot of reggae musicians.. quite a few more have managers/caretakers/bodymen you have to go through first. I'm not a big fan of the word "loyalty", but certain people have highly loyal friends who will closely watch their backs.
Those managers are often the people stealing the most from their talent.