duncanlamb

Elite Member
I love Bones and he’s definitely added to his athleticism and jumping ability since he left VCU, but Ja is on a whole different level of athleticism… not just from Bones but from pretty much everyone else in the league.
Totally..ja is like 2k22 nba level.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I love Bones and he’s definitely added to his athleticism and jumping ability since he left VCU, but Ja is on a whole different level of athleticism… not just from Bones but from pretty much everyone else in the league.
I am never a fan of comparisons. I saw this and found it odd. That being said, when Morant was a rookie he logged 31 minutes a game as a ball dominant starter. Bones is having to ease into his place with the Nuggets. I do think Bones is gonna end up blowing up. Maybe this year or maybe later but he is gonna be a big time player. Morant will end up being one of the greats. We can all see that. Hopefully Bones will too. I sure hope so because that would be cool.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I am never a fan of comparisons. I saw this and found it odd. That being said, when Morant was a rookie he logged 31 minutes a game as a ball dominant starter. Bones is having to ease into his place with the Nuggets. I do think Bones is gonna end up blowing up. Maybe this year or maybe later but he is gonna be a big time player. Morant will end up being one of the greats. We can all see that. Hopefully Bones will too. I sure hope so because that would be cool.
Their styles aren't similar at all but I can sort of get the idea behind it because they're both super confident and excellent setting up teammates with the threat of their own scoring. Still an odd comparison no matter how you slice it.

Completely agree about Bones blowing up. I think he's primed to make a huge jump, maybe even as big as the one he made from his freshman to sophomore year.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Maybe it's the way the tweet was worded but I for one didn't read it as a comparison. I read it more like hear are two guys that different than the current NBA player type. DIfferent in a way like Iverson was different when he came into the league. Two steal a VCU phrase from the SS days, they both ply ACL. Honestly it's like those two have figured out how to make playground basketball fit into the nuances of an NBA game

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Maybe it's the way the tweet was worded but I for one didn't read it as a comparison. I read it more like hear are two guys that different than the current NBA player type. DIfferent in a way like Iverson was different when he came into the league. Two steal a VCU phrase from the SS days, they both ply ACL. Honestly it's like those two have figured out how to make playground basketball fit into the nuances of an NBA game
I think that's what they're going for, it's just odd to mention build and style of play if you mean general vibe

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Has there been any word on what Tillmans deal with Denver was? Training Camp Invite? 2 Way Deal?... etc?

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Has there been any word on what Tillmans deal with Denver was? Training Camp Invite? 2 Way Deal?... etc?
Nothing has been formally announced but consensus seems to be that it's an Exhibit 10 contract (i.e. training camp invite plus G League rights and a $50,000 bonus if he remains with the G League affiliate for 60+ days), which makes sense since Denver's roster is currently full.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Nothing has been formally announced but consensus seems to be that it's an Exhibit 10 contract (i.e. training camp invite plus G League rights and a $50,000 bonus if he remains with the G League affiliate for 60+ days), which makes sense since Denver's roster is currently full.
Gotcha! Thanks.