PhantomRam

Elite Member
I tell you what. I’ve had my share of disdain for professional athlete culture in general for a while now. It just seems like so many of these guys are so far out of touch once they make it big, it’s tough to really relate to many of them.

But man, between Adley Rutschman and Bones, my fanboy level has ramped up big time recently.

This kid (and the other one) is just so cool. Impossible not to root for.
Agree, I hope Bones stays grounded. However, he has not hit the REALLY big money yet.

RamDanFan

Elite Member
I tell you what. I’ve had my share of disdain for professional athlete culture in general for a while now. It just seems like so many of these guys are so far out of touch once they make it big, it’s tough to really relate to many of them.

But man, between Adley Rutschman and Bones, my fanboy level has ramped up big time recently.

This kid (and the other one) is just so cool. Impossible not to root for.

You had me at Adley, but yea Bones too.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
So.... NBA is ranking their Top 100 Players for the upcoming season based on predicted contributions--- quality & quantity for the upcoming 2022-23 season.

They've released 100-26

No sign of Bones anywhere....

Aaron Gordon is # 83
Michael Porter Jr. is #72
Jamal Murray is #50

Jokic will obviously be somewhere likely in the Top 5 or 10.... but do yall think there's any chance that Bones is Ranked in the Top 25 on this list?

You figure, Bones is coming off a really good rookie season, All NBA Second Team... and Jamal Murray hasn't played a game in well over a year.... and knowing that Murray is coming back from that major injury.... and that Denver traded away Monte Morris & Will Barton.... Bones is going to get a lot of usage you would think.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
So.... NBA is ranking their Top 100 Players for the upcoming season based on predicted contributions--- quality & quantity for the upcoming 2022-23 season.

They've released 100-26

No sign of Bones anywhere....

Aaron Gordon is # 83
Michael Porter Jr. is #72
Jamal Murray is #50

Jokic will obviously be somewhere likely in the Top 5 or 10.... but do yall think there's any chance that Bones is Ranked in the Top 25 on this list?

You figure, Bones is coming off a really good rookie season, All NBA Second Team... and Jamal Murray hasn't played a game in well over a year.... and knowing that Murray is coming back from that major injury.... and that Denver traded away Monte Morris & Will Barton.... Bones is going to get a lot of usage you would think.
No

. but do yall think there's any chance that Bones is Ranked in the Top 25 on this list?

Bones is probably looking at 16-22 minutes of run per game based upon moves Nuggets made.
Nuggets were not happy with last year's defense - KCP is the piece they got from Wizards and he plays far better D than either Morris or Will Barton -
Bruce Bowen a 6'6" pickup from Nets also is a D stopper and excellent perimeter defender at the small forward / shooting guard position

Jokic, Gordon, Porter, Murray and KCP likely starting 5 barring injury

bones will likely be PG off the bench to spell Murray, could also see Bones in combo with Murray when Nuggets go small

you need to remember that both Murray and Porter missed most if not all last year and both will take lots of shots in addition to what we know Jokic will do

bones needs to prove he has improved his defense to be on the court in crunch time in close games in last 6 minutes of 4th quarter - IMHO that is where he will make the greatest stride and prove he can be an everyday starter in the Show!

without that he will be looked on to be explosive offensive player off the bench

hopefully also Murray will take a game off every once and awhile in the first 3 months and that will increase Bones minutes and opportunity to show all his talents

go Bones