MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Word from Nuggets fans online is that their coach doesn’t really like to play rookies very much, and he weakness (defense) is the coaches biggest pet peeve. So killing it in the G-league might actually be on the menu for Bones. Either way, pumped for our guy and can’t wait to see him prove the doubters wrong!
Coach JD seems to think this coach is a good one for Bones.

BradRamFan

Elite Member

Denver media pundits seems lukewarm on Bones. Selection being graded as a C+ to B.
Just like most of these supposed pundits/analysts, they are starry eyed for the P5. If Denver had picked some guy from a P5 program who actually went deep in the 2nd round they probably would have graded the selection higher. They know nothing of Bones or his ability...only what they saw in the combine and they likely blow that off as no one expected anything from him so they didn't guard him in the combine so Bones had an easier time of it.
Just like the ESPN analyst at the combine, they "never watched tape on the guy" so they know next to nothing.
I fully expect Bones to work his way into rotation and make other teams pay.

Bones needs to just focus on basketball and relax with the comments about making everyone pay/I’m gonna show them. How many times do you hear a newer player/rookie make that comment and it work out well? Last player to say he was gonna make the league pay was Haskins at the NFL draft and oooof. You are in the pros now where everyone wants to put people in their place that talk a bunch. Train hard, play hard, and let your play do the talking.

Newboy

Elite Member
Bones needs to just focus on basketball and relax with the comments about making everyone pay/I’m gonna show them. How many times do you hear a newer player/rookie make that comment and it work out well? Last player to say he was make the league pay was Haskins at the NFL draft and oooof. You are in the pros now where everyone wants to put people in their place that talk a bunch. Train hard, play hard, and let your play do the talking.
It's a free country. He can talk as much as he wants. I do not see anything wrong with it.

artRAMinMN

Elite Member
Someone has already posted a vid talking about making all those teams that passed on him pay the price.

It's a free country. He can talk as much as he wants. I do not see anything wrong with it.

In the NBA you’ll get put in your place mouthing off. Talking smack in college as a mid major star to A10 teams is one thing. Talk smack in the NBA and you’ll find yourself flying into the front row. Like I said players that use that “I’m gonna make the entire league pay for passing me” Comment never ends well. You are a rookie. There’s a ton of vets that love to smack that kind of talk right back in a rook’s face.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Bones needs to just focus on basketball and relax with the comments about making everyone pay/I’m gonna show them. How many times do you hear a newer player/rookie make that comment and it work out well? Last player to say he was gonna make the league pay was Haskins at the NFL draft and oooof. You are in the pros now where everyone wants to put people in their place that talk a bunch. Train hard, play hard, and let your play do the talking.
Lots of people say that after the draft. Aaron Rodgers said it. Miles McBride said it today. It is just confidence in yourself and having a chip on your shoulder. Some actually do make teams pay. Hopefully Bones will do just that.

VCU74

Elite Member
To be fair-

If he cherry picks [1] and read *only* this and a few following posts, I can see where he’s coming from.

w/o the cherry picking, he would know that everyone was just in the moment talking it up(for about 24 hours) because heck, you want your guy to go high! no one here ever pushed a narrative about Bones being a lottery pick.

[1] this is assuming he actually came over here and read something. I’m betting he’s just spewing made up crap because he’s just a tooly tool who trolls.

/and, a putz.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
To be fair-

If he cherry picks [1] and read *only* this and a few following posts, I can see where he’s coming from.

w/o the cherry picking, he would know that everyone was just in the moment talking it up(for about 24 hours) because heck, you want your guy to go high! no one here ever pushed a narrative about Bones being a lottery pick.

[1] this is assuming he actually came over here and read something. I’m betting he’s just spewing made up crap because he’s just a tooly tool who trolls.

/and, a putz.
He made that post waaaay before Bones began working out for teams that had lottery picks.

Lots of people say that after the draft. Aaron Rodgers said it. Miles McBride said it today. It is just confidence in yourself and having a chip on your shoulder. Some actually do make teams pay. Hopefully Bones will do just that.

Yeah but how many make that comment and it doesn’t happen (Probably hundreds don’t for every player who does follow on their claim.) ? The NBA is hard enough to make (Ask Maynor to Weber about that.) without putting a dartboard on your back. Again he’s a rookie. Everyone will have eyes on him being a first rounders anyway. Going on about how you are going make the league pay, they have no idea what’s coming, etc just sets you for major criticism if he struggles early on or his first year or two. NBA is not college. It’s the best players in the world. You aren’t playing Fordham twice a year. Every game is the best players in the world even bad teams. All I’m saying is he needs to chill with a smack talk. He ain’t playing LaSalle and Duquesne anymore.