AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Yeah but how many make that comment and it doesn’t happen? The NBA is hard enough to make (Ask Maynor to Weber about that.) without putting a dartboard on your back. Again he’s a rookie. Everyone will have eyes on him being a first rounders anyway. Going on about how you are going make the league pay, they have no idea what’s coming, etc just sets you for major criticism if he struggles early on or his first year or two. NBA is not college. It’s the best players in the world. You aren’t playing Fordham twice a year. Every game is the best players in the world even bad teams.
I have never kept track of it. Ha! You seem to be really stuck on Bones playing in the A10 as a negative. He will be fine.

GarseIronjade

Elite Member
It's a free country. He can talk as much as he wants. I do not see anything wrong with it.
Not only is he free to do it, he has earned the right to speak that way. He shouldn't change who he is because being Bones has worked out great so far, if anything he should double down on his strategy! He bet on himself by entering the draft, had great workouts, projected confidence and a desire to ball.

Bones has a big mouth and he likes to talk and that isn't gonna change no matter how much posters on VCURN condemn it.

As to his rivals in the NBA targeting him? They are gonna give any highly drafted & well paid rookie their best shot.

He can either ball at the NBA level, or he cannot. His politeness will not determine his success.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
Oh and since he is kind of bashing the A10 it reminded me that I got a kick out of Bona alum Woj throwing the A10 in his spoiler tweet before the pick was announced.
I got intoa debate with Michigan fans on twitter over whether or not fatts russell was the best pg in the big 10 next season.

Some dudes had him ranked 6th..6th!! The knock is always that the a10 is inferior..ugh.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I got intoa debate with Michigan fans on twitter over whether or not fatts russell was the best pg in the big 10 next season.

Some dudes had him ranked 6th..6th!! The knock is always that the a10 is inferior..ugh.
You getting into a debate with a Michigan fan over Fatts Russell could be your rock bottom DL. Well, couple that with your Duquesne top 4 annual take, your Mason thread creation, your VCU baseball is akin to high school baseball......should I go on? :lol: I know you will look at your priorities and assess the proper change to come back stronger than ever.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
You getting into a debate with a Michigan fan over Fatts Russell could be your rock bottom DL. Well, couple that with your Duquesne top 4 annual take, your Mason thread creation, your VCU baseball is akin to high school baseball......should I go on? :lol: I know you will look at your priorities and assess the proper change to come back stronger than ever.

I always looking for new lows!!!

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I admittedly don’t know much about the big fella the Wizards drafted at 22, but man I would have loved to have seen them take a chance on Hyland.

Pick 15 would have been a stretch, but with how the NBA is trending with guys like Hyland fitting in, I’m not so sure he doesn’t have much more upside than Kispert in the long haul. Time will tell.
What was up with Kispert's suit coat last night? I am not fashionista but man oh man. That get up was the something else.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
What was up with Kispert's suit coat last night? I am not fashionista but man oh man. That get up was the something else.
People are liking the double breasted look - not easy to pull off. I thought the same for Barnes.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
To be fair-

If he cherry picks [1] and read *only* this and a few following posts, I can see where he’s coming from.

w/o the cherry picking, he would know that everyone was just in the moment talking it up(for about 24 hours) because heck, you want your guy to go high! no one here ever pushed a narrative about Bones being a lottery pick.

[1] this is assuming he actually came over here and read something. I’m betting he’s just spewing made up crap because he’s just a tooly tool who trolls.

/and, a putz.
And that post you quoted was simply me noting that the Warriors had lottery-range first round picks at the time.

Some mock drafts did actually have Bones going as high as #14 right after the combine, but they all dropped as time went on. Most of the commenters here were simply talking up the possibility, as you said.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
People are liking the double breasted look - not easy to pull off. I thought the same for Barnes.
Since we are talking about it. Nobody beat Jalen Green's get up.
E7fzMnIX0AMdURU