mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I hope you’re right. Guys still have a lot of work to do to become first round picks. Bones was a generational level talent for VCU and barely made it. Some of our best players ever like Graham and Weber weren’t drafted at all. It takes a very special talent to go in the first round.
Sure, but you get drafted on upside. Mr. Ward has a whole lot of upside (as does Bones, to be fair). I wouldn't be especially surprised if he stays and graduates before entering the draft, though. I also have high hopes for Jamir (much more likely in '23 than '22 but not impossible - he could certainly have a Bones level leap from freshman to sophomore).

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
That makes me wonder, which VCU coach has had the most players drafted into the NBA? I guess Anthony Grant?
Without doing any research I assume it's Grant, although technically Larry got drafted after he left. Let's revisit this in the '24 season.

VRam

Elite Member

rammad90

Elite Member
Sometimes I veer off toward AP Hill & 301 because I like to drive thru beautiful Waldorf. I also like the Key Bridge.
Man AA your are fearless. That bridge is down right frightening. I will say you can cut about an hour off the commute from PG to Ric during afternoon rush hour.

rammad90

Elite Member
I hope you’re right. Guys still have a lot of work to do to become first round picks. Bones was a generational level talent for VCU and barely made it. Some of our best players ever like Graham and Weber weren’t drafted at all. It takes a very special talent to go in the first round.
Truth. We may very well add a couple of NBA players off this current roster. However, you are correct being a 1st rounder takes hard work and a bit of luck.

buckwheat

Elite Member
I will preface this by fully admitting that I did not watch many Rams games last year like I normally would, but can someone fill me in…..

I see some talk on here about Hason Ward being drafted. This guy has only a few games of double digit points/rebounds with pedestrian numbers as a sophomore. Doesn’t seem like he is even remotely close to, say, Larry Sanders at the same age. I also don’t see anywhere else talking him up as a legit NBA prospect. Is this just VCURN hype or am I missing something? Is this based on potential alone?

Am I crazy for not seeing what some are seeing?

Edit: And yes, I realize he’s a great shot blocker.