Bracketology Thread

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
I'm doing my first "real" bracket of the season now. I did one in early December just for fun, but it was mostly guesswork. Figured this could be a good place to post bracketology stuff related to VCU and more generally. I'll update as I move along. This is a super time consuming effort to do it right, so it'll probably take through tomorrow to finish.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
I'm doing my first "real" bracket of the season now. I did one in early December just for fun, but it was mostly guesswork. Figured this could be a good place to post bracketology stuff related to VCU and more generally. I'll update as I move along. This is a super time consuming effort to do it right, so it'll probably take through tomorrow to finish.
1's: Baylor, Duke, Butler, San Diego St
2's: Kansas, West Virginia, Gonzaga, Auburn

Auburn's resume is super interesting. They have a NCSOS of 10 and clearly made a strong effort to play quality teams, but their only Q1 game to date is a "neutral" court win Saint Louis in Birmingham. If they had even one close loss to a quality team, they'd be down around the 4 line. The true test to see if they are 1 seed material will come when they play Kentucky (x2), Arkansas, LSU. Oddly enough, all of those games occur between Feb 1 and Feb 15. This oddly reminds me of Nevada's resume to this point last year. Strange that this is happening in the SEC.

Edit: Gonna go watch some NFL playoffs. Will do the rest tomorrow (hopefully)

Last edited:
Reactions: mrgeode

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
1's: Baylor, Duke, Butler, San Diego St
2's: Kansas, West Virginia, Gonzaga, Auburn

Auburn's resume is super interesting. They have a NCSOS of 10 and clearly made a strong effort to play quality teams, but their only Q1 game to date is a "neutral" court win Saint Louis in Birmingham. If they had even one close loss to a quality team, they'd be down around the 4 line. The true test to see if they are 1 seed material will come when they play Kentucky (x2), Arkansas, LSU. Oddly enough, all of those games occur between Feb 1 and Feb 15. This oddly reminds me of Nevada's resume to this point last year. Strange that this is happening in the SEC.
That is interesting. Eye test seems to indicate Auburn is a lot less fraudulent than Nevada was, though. We'll see if they can keep it up.

Reactions: BracketForecast

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Scary part is Kenpom predicts a final conference record of 12-6.
That’s not scary. Those predictions mean little. Some examples of how meaningless those game predictions can be: our game against a Rhody yesterday, Evansville at a Kentucky, SFA at Duke. I could go on and on, but you get the point.

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
That’s not scary. Those predictions mean little. Some examples of how meaningless those game predictions can be: our game against a Rhody yesterday, Evansville at a Kentucky, SFA at Duke. I could go on and on, but you get the point.
I am curious why you discount the likelyhood of a 12-6 record. They still have to play Dayton twice, Richmond twice, at St Louis, at Rhode Island, and a bunch of road games.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I am curious why you discount the likelyhood of a 12-6 record. They still have to play Dayton twice, Richmond twice, at St Louis, at Rhode Island, and a bunch of road games.
I’m not discounting a 12-6 record. That’s certainly a possibility. I discount and pay no attention to KenPom individual game predictions. Thus, there is no reason to think KenPom predictions are, to use your word, scary.

Reactions: Ramcounter