Bracketology Thread

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
I took your advice and looked at Torvik Teamcast, and it seems he has SLU further out than you do.
SLU has quite the dilemma because they need a signature win, and the only way to get that (likely) is against Dayton. The other way is if VCU, Richmond, or UR finish hot but SLU picks off a win against one of them.

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
SLU has quite the dilemma because they need a signature win, and the only way to get that (likely) is against Dayton. The other way is if VCU, Richmond, or UR finish hot but SLU picks off a win against one of them.
I was surprised that it seemed to be:
Dayton as one profile
Davidson & SBU as another
Spiders, Rams & Rams as another
And Duquesne & SLU as similar to each other?

Nov 3, 2011
"VCU, on the other hand, is squarely on the bubble and is likely to stay there the rest of the season. The BPI favorite is a remarkable 18-1 in VCU games this season, and BPI projects the Rams to finish 8-4; their NCAA tournament fate will likely come down to the A-10 tournament. BPI currently would favor VCU against any A-10 team other than Dayton on a neutral court. If the Rams win one game in the A-10 tournament, they would have an 80% chance to go dancing.
BPI prediction: 75% chance the A-10 gets three or more teams into the tournament.
"

8-4 the rest of the way and one win in the A-10 tourney doesn't sound far fetched at all with the talent on this team.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
"VCU, on the other hand, is squarely on the bubble and is likely to stay there the rest of the season. The BPI favorite is a remarkable 18-1 in VCU games this season, and BPI projects the Rams to finish 8-4; their NCAA tournament fate will likely come down to the A-10 tournament. BPI currently would favor VCU against any A-10 team other than Dayton on a neutral court. If the Rams win one game in the A-10 tournament, they would have an 80% chance to go dancing.
BPI prediction: 75% chance the A-10 gets three or more teams into the tournament.
"

8-4 the rest of the way and one win in the A-10 tourney doesn't sound far fetched at all with the talent on this team.
I disagree in that I see a 14-4 finish.

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
Jerry Palm still has us in at this point....11 seed...in my opinion we are about to win 4 in a row...at least...16-5 heading to Rhode Island for some revenge.
Palm has now moved Richmond into the field in his updated bracket...both VCU and UR in the first four games as last 4 into the field with now SLU lurking in the first four out category....feels like we are going to get 3+ teams in this year....i feel it.