Bracketology Thread

Jan 15, 2020
Not sure if anyone else saw this, but VCU was seeded higher than St. Bonaventure in the NCAA Tournament. It was one spot higher, but still higher than the Bonnies.

View attachment 9305
Yeah that came out last night and St Bona fans have been throwing a fit on the Twitter posts. Every post of it has atleast a few going How the he l l is VCU ahead of St Bona? It’s like they rained on their parade.

80sRamBaseballRugby

Top Member
Apr 20, 2012
Good! We play better with a chip on our shoulder. “The us against the world”,or in this case the NCAA experts who pick against us, is the perfect cliche. I love watching them try to justify, after we win, why they chose the opponent to win. Trash is like 2011. PLEASE....
And we have to play smarter and better vs Ducks or they will mop the floor with us.

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
Yeah that came out last night and St Bona fans have been throwing a fit on the Twitter posts. Every post of it has atleast a few going How the he l l is VCU ahead of St Bona? It’s like they rained on their parade.
And still complaining after the revised seed still had 10 Maryland above 9 SBU...

Although I might see why they want Maryland's spot in the bracket...

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
That’s one game in conference against a blood rival. Oregon is really good.
We defend the 3 and rebound well we win this game. Simple as that. Nothing else to see here. All we gotta do is stay out of foul trouble and play our usual hard D. They are most definitely not used to playing against top 20 D's.

Dec 8, 2011
Good! We play better with a chip on our shoulder. “The us against the world”,or in this case the NCAA experts who pick against us, is the perfect cliche. I love watching them try to justify, after we win, why they chose the opponent to win. Trash is like 2011. PLEASE....
Except not really. In the past decade VCU has a dismal record in games where they have a "chip on their shoulder", by either being a lower seed, or the "underdog", or in the big game like the conference championship.

I think we'll win Saturday; but as someone else also said, we shouldn't need the motivation. Win because youre in the freaking Tournament, not because of what some no-name media people say. Who cares what Jay Bilas thinks of VCU's chances, etc...

Reactions: VCU Finance 2008

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
some of you seem confused, nobody is saying that the only reason they should be motivated to win is because of the proverbial chip on the shoulder, just that it can possibly be used as a tool to assist, that's all. This isn't anything new. Players, teams, and heck even historical figures or groups have used being counted out as motivation for a long, long time.

Last edited:

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Except not really. In the past decade VCU has a dismal record in games where they have a "chip on their shoulder", by either being a lower seed, or the "underdog", or in the big game like the conference championship.

I think we'll win Saturday; but as someone else also said, we shouldn't need the motivation. Win because youre in the freaking Tournament, not because of what some no-name media people say. Who cares what Jay Bilas thinks of VCU's chances, etc...
Shaka seemed a master at using bulletin board material as motivation.

Reactions: BGDragoon80

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Bracket Matrix released its final scores for this year's NCAA tournament. Out of 203 brackets scored...

- Only one bracket picked all 68 teams correctly. Almost every member bracket had Louisville in, and of course Louisville got snubbed.

- The Washington Post placed 1st

- Nick Elam (of Elam Ending fame) placed 37th

- Lunardi placed 84th

- @BracketForecast placed 100th

- Palm placed 147th

- That weird Bracketaday blog placed 196th

Jan 15, 2020
Well, I got a kick out of this one. VCU in the national championship game!

I’m sorry but no.

I refuse to lose to Ohio St in the final. I hate that program. The fans are easilest one of the most obnoxious fanbase in sports. And I don’t mean just college. Plus they love to make things political even at sporting events. Most annoying fanbase I’ve ever had to be around. There’s so much entitlement that starts with THE Ohio State.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
I’m sorry but no.

I refuse to lose to Ohio St in the final. I hate that program. The fans are easilest one of the most obnoxious fanbase in sports. And I don’t mean just college. Plus they love to make things political even at sporting events. Most annoying fanbase I’ve ever had to be around. There’s so much entitlement that starts with THE Ohio State.
I agree. I want some revenge.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Bracket Matrix released its final scores for this year's NCAA tournament. Out of 203 brackets scored...

- Only one bracket picked all 68 teams correctly. Almost every member bracket had Louisville in, and of course Louisville got snubbed.

- The Washington Post placed 1st

- Nick Elam (of Elam Ending fame) placed 37th

- Lunardi placed 84th

- @BracketForecast placed 100th

- Palm placed 147th

- That weird Bracketaday blog placed 196th

Bracketaday will live in my heart forever.....I hope he finds a lovely mail-order Russian bride and eventually moves out of his mom's basement.