Bracketology Thread

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Now if only they would sort by "closest to change Quads" instead of location. :mrgreen:
This a decent summary as well.
Actually, you can kind of figure that out on your own - the teams nearest the top of each section are the closest to moving up to the next quadrant. It's a little annoying that Q1 and Q2 are themselves divided into "subquadrants" but it's still pretty easy to interpret.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
VCU and Dayton have, by far, the toughest remaining conf schedules.

Remaining KP Top 100 opponents:
Dayton - 8
VCU - 8
St Bonny - 6
UR - 5
Rhody - 5
Davidson - 5
Duquesne - 5
St Louis - 4

There will likely be several NCAA contenders in this group with 21-24 reg season wins and a serious fight/logjam for a Top 4 conf tourney seed. We could certainly be playing on Thursday in Brooklyn.

Last edited:
Reactions: BracketForecast

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
VCU and Dayton have, by far, the toughest remaining conf schedules.

Remaining KP Top 100 opponents:
Dayton - 8
VCU - 8
St Bonny - 6
UR - 5
Rhody - 5
Davidson - 5
Duquesne - 5
St Louis - 4

There will likely be several NCAA contenders in this group with 21-24 reg season wins and a serious fight/logjam for a Top 4 conf tourney seed. We could certainly be playing on Thursday in Brooklyn.
Accounting for location, I would switch St Bonny & Davidson.
98 Davidson plays at 134 St Bonny...

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Lunardi has Liberty in Dayton in the First Four.
  • They have played 1 Q1 game this season and lost by 16.
  • Their one Q2 win was against #63 Akron.
  • Their NCSOS is 208th.
  • They just lost to #171 North Florida.
They have ZERO shot at an at-large bid.
If NC State didn’t get in last year because of their non-conference schedule, then there is no way a Liberty should be an at-large selection.

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
I have always thought there should be a rule that you must finish .500 or better in your conference schedule to be considered for an at-large bid.
I agree. I get unbalanced conference schedules but I get frustrated when a power 5 team barley wins a couple of Q1 conference games while losing a bunch and still gets at large talks.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
I agree. I get unbalanced conference schedules but I get frustrated when a power 5 team barley wins a couple of Q1 conference games while losing a bunch and still gets at large talks.
exactly. you get 10-12 shots at a Q1 win of course you are going to walk away with at least a couple.

Reactions: Ramcounter

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
I have always thought there should be a rule that you must finish .500 or better in your conference schedule to be considered for an at-large bid.
There are 8-10 power conference teams that could be a 5 or 6 seed some years. I'd be okay with eliminating teams > 2 games under .500, including conference tournaments.

Reactions: 757RamFan

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
One of the most underrated aspects of college ball is rooting against whoever is on the bubble with you indiscriminately. Let’s go SIU!
I agree, but it gets stressful. Rooting against the bubble does give you a rooting interest in a lot of games though. We have to watch out for Richmond, URI, and Duquesne. Our games against them are good opportunities for us to improve our numbers, but losing could cause them to leapfrog us on the bubble. The last two wins haven't caused much movement, but a few teams around us have dropped some games during that time.