Bracketology Thread

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011

• As I said last night, VCU is now IN.
  • Florida, Tennessee, and Purdue move OUT.
  • Richmond still looks decent enough to warrant inclusion.
  • Rhody would certainly be in the field if not for their borderline Q4 loss to Brown.
  • SLU doesn't have any bad losses, but their best win is against a bubble team.
  • Gut feeling that UNC is fight their way back into the field by March.

Please do check behind my work and tell me if I omitted a glaringly obvious team. If I did it's probably not because I didn't like their resume, but rather due to moving puzzle pieces around on my seed list and forgetting to add them back in.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM
Aug 7, 2012

• As I said last night, VCU is now IN.
  • Florida, Tennessee, and Purdue move OUT.
  • Richmond still looks decent enough to warrant inclusion.
  • Rhody would certainly be in the field if not for their borderline Q4 loss to Brown.
  • SLU doesn't have any bad losses, but their best win is against a bubble team.
  • Gut feeling that UNC is fight their way back into the field by March.

Please do check behind my work and tell me if I omitted a glaringly obvious team. If I did it's probably not because I didn't like their resume, but rather due to moving puzzle pieces around on my seed list and forgetting to add them back in.
If Cole comes back soon, then I think UNC has a 50/50 chance to win enough big games to get in.

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
If Cole comes back soon, then I think UNC has a 50/50 chance to win enough big games to get in.
Not sure if this still holds true, but I certainly remember hearing selection committee members in the past stating that what teams were doing on the floor as the regular season neared its end had more favorable influence towards inclusion than how teams were rolling during the early season.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
Palm has Dayton (#2), VCU (#9) and UR (#11) all in. URI as one of the first four out.
Bracket Matrix sees us as the last 11 seed, appearing in 77 of (I think) a possible 105 brackets. Not sure when they had their last update.

Aug 7, 2012
Why do I get the feeling that they could win enough games to get a 8/9 seed set up against a “mid major“ 1 seed?
They‘d be a nightmare 7-10 seed for a 1 or 2 seed. Garrison Brooks is playing as well as anyone in college basketball right now. Cole Anthony is a top 5 NBA pick. Bacot is a load down low. The season has been a struggle, but no team has had more significant injuries than Carolina. Their best shooting guard (Brandon Robinson) missed the first 4-5 games with an injury and is now battling more injuries after being in a head on collision with a drunk driver.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramcounter

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
They‘d be a nightmare 7-10 seed for a 1 or 2 seed. Brice Johnson is playing as well as anyone in college basketball right now. Cole Anthony is a top 5 NBA pick. Bacot is a load down low. The season has been a struggle, but no team has had more significant injuries than Carolina. Their best shooting guard (Brandon Robinson) missed the first 4-5 games with an injury and is now battling more injuries after being in a head on collision with a drunk driver.
Yeah, they remind me in some ways for that Kentucky team who matched up with the 1 seed Wichita State team as a 8 seed. The talent won’t come close to matching the seed if they make it. On a semi related note, do you have really any confidence in the 1-4 seed lines in the round of 32? Seems like this year will be chaos.

Reactions: RAM7889
Aug 7, 2012
Yeah, they remind me in some ways for that Kentucky team who matched up with the 1 seed Wichita State team as a 8 seed. The talent won’t come close to matching the seed if they make it. On a semi related note, do you have really any confidence in the 1-4 seed lines in the round of 32? Seems like this year will be chaos.
I think 2019-20 is the weakest year in college basketball since 2009-10 and 2010-11. A few surprise teams made the FF those 2 years... Butler twice and VCU once. There are no elite teams in college basketball this year. I expect pure chaos (or hopefully havoc) in March.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Bracket Matrix sees us as the last 11 seed, appearing in 77 of (I think) a possible 105 brackets. Not sure when they had their last update.
They update every day, but most of the brackets aren't updated nearly as often so it takes a few days for a win or loss to really sink in. The more recently updated brackets are more favorable to us at the moment since we are on a 4 game win streak.