Bracketology Thread

Hoos A Ram

Insider
Nov 5, 2009
This team doesn't have a freight train on it like Graham. As far as our seniors go, I think what we've seen so far this season is what we're going to get. Hopefully some of the younger guys can continue getting better and better and a healthy crowfield will help us get some more points on the board.
The nice thing about an underachieving senior squad is that they are more likely to randomly and suddenly flip a switch. We know that everyone that has underperformed thus far has the capability of playing so much better and while it might be a case of "we are who we are" I think with a squad like this we're always just a bounce or two away from igniting. If we look back a year ago I don't think anyone was super excited coming out of that road game at Rhody and it was practically February before we actually got going. Admittedly you'd have hoped we wouldn't need that ease in time this year, but every team is different plus the often forgotten fact that our opponents are also practicing and trying to get better too. I'd be lying if I said I was fully confident in a turn around, but I've also seen enough similar stories to not be completely dismayed just yet.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
holy moly, the 5, 6, 7 line is going to be populated with half the Big Ten. Wisconsin, Michigan, Maryland, Ohio St, Penn St, Illinois, Rutgers, Iowa.

• Wow
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
Classic example of why you can't just take the NET as a placeholder for seed: USC is 68th in the NET, but will end up on the 9-10 line (33-40 on seed list).

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
The Mountain West has once again failed its most elite team. SDSU is currently a 1 seed, but has no Q1 games remaining. Even one slip up could knock them down to a 2.
there was so much hoopla about Utah State coming into the season and even the first 6-8 weeks in, man what happened there

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
Six spots for the following 15 teams:

Texas Tech, Virginia Tech, Marquette, VCU, SLU, Utah, Georgetown, Xavier, NC State, Arizona St, Oregon St, Richmond, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Pitt

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
Six spots for the following 15 teams:

Texas Tech, Virginia Tech, Marquette, VCU, SLU, Utah, Georgetown, Xavier, NC State, Arizona St, Oregon St, Richmond, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Pitt
not happening for us as of now.

1-2 vs Q1, 2-4 Q1/2 combined, one quality win compared to a team like Marquette who has 3 wins against the field, unremarkable NCSOS and R/N record.

As a sidenote, I really hope the coaching staff at least tried to go out and get another quality game and just couldn't work it out. If they were content with the four games against UT, Purdue, LSU, and Wichita St, then they didn't do their jobs properly. Feel like they could have gotten at least one more top 40-75 neutral opponent.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
Richmond is gonna be right on the edge. Yes, their loss to Radford is bad, but it's Q3. 2-1 in Q1 games, both wins away from home and unlike us, they actually have a 2nd quality win. NCSOS is like ours and a 4-3 R/N record.