Bracketology Thread

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
Actually, according to the Warren Nolan site, the win bumped Mason into a Quad 3 loss for us, so we've got that going for us.
Notice the parenthesis in my post. It will almost 100% not stay that way unless this was a massive turning point for Mason's season.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah. All bracket talk should cease. It's not rocket science. Devastating Q4 loss (likely by the end of the season, not at this moment) would offset even a win against Dayton, not to mention all the craziness bound to happen with all the remaining games. We didn't capitalize on the chances we had all season. It's win out in Brooklyn or NIT. We shouldn't waste time with any more debate. I know people want to be hopeful, but with acceptance comes a certain amount of peace.
Agreed, IMO we should not focus on anything that bracketologists say until after our Saint Louis game on 2/21. The next three games can sway whether we are an NCAA team or on the outside looking in, regardless of our last four games of the year.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Actually, according to the Warren Nolan site, the win bumped Mason into a Quad 3 loss for us, so we've got that going for us.
In the words of Lloyd Christmas from Dumb & Dumber, "So you're telling me there's a chance!"

Every non-lock for the NCAAs has warts. We have ours now. What we do after this will decide if we wanna make the dance.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
In the words of Lloyd Christmas from Dumb & Dumber, "So you're telling me there's a chance!"

Every non-lock for the NCAAs has warts. We have ours now. What we do after this will decide if we wanna make the dance.
We certainly have a giant wart. I posted earlier today that we need to win out to be guaranteed a spot. At 24-7, we are in. Anything else, and we are barely on the bubble or NIT bound if we don't win the A-10 tournament.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I said it a month ago and I will say it again. The A-10 is a 2 bid league this year. VCU sealed that deal last night. So much for the league being much better this year than last year.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I said it a month ago and I will say it again. The A-10 is a 2 bid league this year. VCU sealed that deal last night. So much for the league being much better this year than last year.
The league as a whole is better, and it's not even close. Last year the A-10 had zero bubble teams by the end of February. We still have a chance for 3 or 4, depending on a number of factors including who wins the A-10 tournament.

Reactions: RamLover

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
The league as a whole is better, and it's not even close. Last year the A-10 had zero bubble teams by the end of February. We still have a chance for 3 or 4, depending on a number of factors including who wins the A-10 tournament.
Gotta love WolfpackRam's daily overreactions.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
something tells me neither Dayton or URI win it all in Brooklyn and the A10 gets at least 3 in the field

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
something tells me neither Dayton or URI win it all in Brooklyn and the A10 gets at least 3 in the field
I may be wrong, but I think the last one seed to win was SLU in our first year in the league.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
I won't even go that far and I'm despondent right now. If we were to win our next two (which I don't expect), then we're right back in it.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
I won't even go that far and I'm despondent right now. If we were to win our next two (which I don't expect), then we're right back in it.
I know Lunardi is not the gospel, but he is clearly the most known bracketogist. For what it's worth, before the Mason loss he had us as the last bye in the field and following the Mason loss he has us as the 2nd team OUT of the field. Obviously I'm not happy we lost to Mason, but the opportunity to improve our resume is right in front of us and it's not like the teams on the bubble don't have warts on their resume either.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
I know Lunardi is not the gospel, but he is clearly the most known bracketogist. For what it's worth, before the Mason loss he had us as the last bye in the field and following the Mason loss he has us as the 2nd team OUT of the field. Obviously I'm not happy we lost to Mason, but the opportunity to improve our resume is right in front of us and it's not like the teams on the bubble don't have warts on their resume either.
they won't be in my first four out tomorrow. P