Bracketology Thread

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
idk, WPR is pretty consistent—he is a hard rock no doubt, but committed, knowledgeable and usually willing to call out the weak spots sooner than many of us with rose colored glasses.
LOL, when you make 20 bold predictions a week and only 2 come true, I can't give you the benefit of the doubt.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
something tells me neither Dayton or URI win it all in Brooklyn and the A10 gets at least 3 in the field
This year's Dayton team may be the strongest team that has played in any A-10 tournament that VCU has participated in. I see them as the best bet to win the A-10 Tournament as the #1 seed since VCU joined. Particularly if they run the regular season table.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
This year's Dayton team may be the strongest team that has played in any A-10 tournament that VCU has participated in. I see them as the best bet to win the A-10 Tournament as the #1 seed since VCU joined. Particularly if they run the regular season table.
I don’t disagree with your logic and if the math was right that would be the bet that I would place. But just like I don’t think the math will be right to place a bet on them in Vegas, I just feel they won’t be holding the trophy on Sunday

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
My only response is: Bernadette McGlade. She will make sure Fordham wins the tournament if it gets us another team in the dance.

May 19, 2015
I said it a month ago and I will say it again. The A-10 is a 2 bid league this year. VCU sealed that deal last night. So much for the league being much better this year than last year.
Just when I thought you were redeeming yourself and becoming a likable kinda guy, you go and say something mean like that.🤬

Apr 20, 2009
The league as a whole is better, and it's not even close. Last year the A-10 had zero bubble teams by the end of February. We still have a chance for 3 or 4, depending on a number of factors including who wins the A-10 tournament.
Yes. Richmond is on the bubble too. Saturday's game is looking like it may be an at large elimination game. A loss would put us 1-5 in Quad 1 games. Even a win over Dayton is not going to be enough to overcome the Quad 1 record. Our non conference SOS was pretty weak this year. Thats something we have control over. The only non conference team we played that is pretty much a lock for the tourney is LSU. Tenn, Purdue and Wichita State are all on the bubble. And we lost all 3. We should schedule one non conference good matchup in late Jan or early February. Those old bracketbuster games were like Gold. Winning at Wichita State in 2011 got us into the First 4..we had some really good games from that and it gave us 2 good non conference games just about every season.

Jan 29, 2019
Yes. Richmond is on the bubble too. Saturday's game is looking like it may be an at large elimination game. A loss would put us 1-5 in Quad 1 games. Even a win over Dayton is not going to be enough to overcome the Quad 1 record. Our non conference SOS was pretty weak this year. Thats something we have control over. The only non conference team we played that is pretty much a lock for the tourney is LSU. Tenn, Purdue and Wichita State are all on the bubble. And we lost all 3. We should schedule one non conference good matchup in late Jan or early February. Those old bracketbuster games were like Gold. Winning at Wichita State in 2011 got us into the First 4..we had some really good games from that and it gave us 2 good non conference games just about every season.
Do teams play non-con games anymore once the conference games start? I think since the P5 and Big East conference expansions, they have started their conference games earlier and added more of them. Trying to get a late Jan or early Feb game is prob not going to happen sadly.

Apr 20, 2009
Do teams play non-con games anymore once the conference games start? I think since the P5 and Big East conference expansions, they have started their conference games earlier and added more of them. Trying to get a late Jan or early Feb game is prob not going to happen sadly.
The SEC/Big 12 challenge is always in late January. Perhaps we can get the A10/MWC challenge around the same time. Time to resurrect the Bracketbusters !

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
The SEC/Big 12 challenge is always in late January. Perhaps we can get the A10/MWC challenge around the same time. Time to resurrect the Bracketbusters !
A10 teams would not get into a bracket busters. They choose one bid conferences for those.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Our next 3 games are all better than what we used to get out of Bracketbusters. Our schedule isn't an issue this year. It is winning the games.

Apr 20, 2009
A10 teams would not get into a bracket busters. They choose one bid conferences for those.
St Marys was always in it and they almost always get an at large bid. Back when the MVC had Creighton and Wichita State they almost always got multiple bids and the MVC always participated in Bracketbusters.