First 4 Out: Arizona St, Oregon St, Virginia Tech, VCU
Next 4 Out: St. Louis, Texas Tech, Rhode Island, Xavier

thelonious_chunk

Top Member
Jun 17, 2014
Last 4 In: Tennessee, Richmond, NC State, Pitt
If Richmond dances while we head to the NIT, the entire offseason will be filled with ‘fire Rhoades’ debate. I will also vomit.

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
not real stressed about it right now. We beat Dayton + UR at home and beat one of UR, Rhody, SLU on the road while avoiding bad losses and we're probably a 7 or 8 seed.
If the Bonnie’s & Fgmu win at UMass, does that push them closer to a Quad 2 away game?

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
If Richmond dances while we head to the NIT, the entire offseason will be filled with ‘fire Rhoades’ debate. I will also vomit.
They are in over us right now but BARELY. If we beat them both games, can’t see the committee picking them to dance instead of us if all other aspects remain somewhat equal.

If we split or lose to them, yeah.....not looking good.

mrA10

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Last 4 In: Tennessee, Richmond, NC State, Pitt
Maybe we are where we should be at this point, but why is Richmond in? (NET 63, Kenpom 82, haslametrics 68, barttorvik 74)
And Pitt? They lost to Nicholls St. and Wake Forrest at home.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
Maybe we are where we should be at this point, but why is Richmond in? (NET 63, Kenpom 82, haslametrics 68, barttorvik 74)
Your own NET ranking (and other predictive tools) is pretty irrelevant when it comes to seeding and selection. Your Q1/2 record, NCSOS, Road/neutral, bad losses, are what's used to evaluate your resume. With the exception of the Q3 loss to Radford, their resume holds up extremely well.

And Pitt? They lost to Nicholls St. and Wake Forrest at home.
I actually slid them back out after realizing I missed Houston. But they do have two very high quality wins against FSU and Rutgers.

Reactions: thelonious_chunk

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
not happening for us as of now.

1-2 vs Q1, 2-4 Q1/2 combined, one quality win compared to a team like Marquette who has 3 wins against the field, unremarkable NCSOS and R/N record.

As a sidenote, I really hope the coaching staff at least tried to go out and get another quality game and just couldn't work it out. If they were content with the four games against UT, Purdue, LSU, and Wichita St, then they didn't do their jobs properly. Feel like they could have gotten at least one more top 40-75 neutral opponent.
I know for a fact they tried. Just not easy to do.