Bracketology Thread

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
Anyone think Steven F Austin, East Tennessee State, Liberty, and Northern Iowa have a chance for an at large?

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
Hope so, but I deleted all of my bracketology links after the ur game. Then I looked up a couple of NIT mock brackets. Then I deleted those after the UMass game.
Completely understand. One benefit of the collapse being so swift this season is I am already at the acceptance stage before March. I was looking at Steven F Austin’s resume and wondering what will the committee do with that if they lose in the conference tournament.

Reactions: VCU Finance 2008

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
Rhody's loss to Brown has now fallen into the Q4 category. They had such an awful weekend that I think they need a win against Dayton to get an at-large.

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
Refer them over to the NIT committee for seeding.
That is a shame. I have always thought the committee has been shortsighted when it comes to teams like this years SFA. It just seems like there will be more interest from the casual fan about a team who has an insane win loss record compared to say the 11th place Big 10 team. Isn’t Cinderella crashing the ball and fans being able to pick upsets in the bracket what makes the tournament such a great product?

Reactions: SpiderRAM

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Refer them over to the NIT committee for seeding.
Agreed. They won at Duke. Good for them, but the rest of their season is a couple of Quad 1 losses, a couple of Quad 3 wins and a massive amount of Quad 4 games, not to mention 3 games against non-D1 schools.

Nov 26, 2009
yes , I see an interesting pattern developing, similar to the final 4 season ....in 2011 we lost 5 of our last 8 games , starting on a february 12th...and now 2020 , our descent into misery starts, no less, on a february 12th !! crumbling into 5 losses ( so far) of our final 8 games.... maybe , just maybe , we catch fire again !!

Reactions: SpiderRAM