Players Brandon Johns is a VCU Ram

fmrick

Elite Member
Insider
Sounds like he is a good replacement for Ward. Seems to fit the same profile. Hopefully he will come in and decide that he has a chance to be a star and never looks back.

Welcome to the Rams!

BGDragoon80

Insider
He fills one big need with Stockard, Ward, Nichols and Brown Jones all gone. He brings experience to the team. Hopefully, we get more consistency and solid numbers and minutes from him, while Deloach and Fermin develop. With NIL and the craziness of the transfer portal, he is worth the risk for I assume a one year player.

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
In this case "stats" may actually lie and by "lie" I mean not give the most accurate picture of why this player will help us be better next season. I watch a lot of Michigan sports due to having a child who recently graduated from there. I have noticed Johns the last few years and seen the wow games and the just another body in the rotation games. I often said aloud that he would be a much bigger factor for us than wasting away at Michigan or that he is excactly what we wanted so and so to be. Keep in mind that there was a coaching change while he was at Michigan and the new coach recruited a couple highly ranked guys ino the baseline positions. Brandon was victim to that. Often this year when on the floor with Hunter D Brandon was moved way out on the perimeter to create space for Dickenson in the paint.

These are things I like from the eye test of watching Brandon Johns: He has nice size, strength, and mobility. He does rebound, he likes to defend, he has a high motor all things that have been a void for us at times in the position(s) he will play. Brandon can play the Stretch 4 and can also fill in in the more traditional Poward Forward or Center role for periods which he also did at Michigan. Johns is hungry for a bigger role in his final year and the opportunity is here. I truly think The Rams for better with the addition of Brandon Johns and it gives me peace of mind having him join DeLoach and Fermin in our baseline rotation. I like having this one in the pocket as we continue to pursue other players to both fortify and improve our team.

Our coaching staff knows baseketball better than all of us combined times a thousand, their success depends on bringing in the right players and Johns was a high priority for them. So be way more excited than the stats you see from Michigan because Brandon Johns is a good add and could end up being a great add. We will know soon enough as we are in countdown to 2022-2023 !!