Players Brandon Johns is a VCU Ram

I’ve always considered the best of the mid majors to be just as good as the middle of the pack P5s so it’s surprising to me when others see Big10 middle of the road and A10 top tier as not equally as talented
all I can say is that they do not share your view. not saying its valid or invalid only that it is so.

As the SEC says in its advertising 'it simply means more'.

its a superiority complex.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
As a team, I think you are right— they are very competitive. On a player by player basis, it’s close sometimes but pretty much always advantage to the P5. The fact the association is filled with mostly P5 guys is not because there are more of them….it’s fair to expect that we have enough talent, chemistry and stones to compete with them, they can still be more talented to a man. I feel good about these two, they are roster upgrades.
Less talented teams win all the time. It's not who's better all year, it's who's better that day.

CrozetRam

Elite Member
I love this part: As a junior, Johns started the last five games of the season for the Wolverines in place of an injured Isaiah Livers. That included Michigan’s four NCAA tournament games, in its run to the 2021 Elite Eight. He averaged 10 points and 6.5 rebounds in that span.

Mr. X

Elite Member
Insider
I love this part: As a junior, Johns started the last five games of the season for the Wolverines in place of an injured Isaiah Livers. That included Michigan’s four NCAA tournament games, in its run to the 2021 Elite Eight. He averaged 10 points and 6.5 rebounds in that span.
Hopefully this year he can average 14 and 10.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

VCU Heel

Elite Member
This whole story is why NIL is out of control. Because Mark Emmert doesn't have a spine, he didn't lay down any ground rules so it's quickly getting out of control, and of course Emmert is getting the heck out of Dodge before things get worse.
What ground rules could he legally lay down? The courts allowed NIL to happen. The NCAA can’t stop it and they can’t limit it. I’m really interested to hear the legal solution to this perceived problem.

Ramdog

Elite Member
Im going to reconsider giving any donation over the minimum I need to to keep my seats
i used to feel that my donation was helping the program ..better recruiting budget, helping to pay for charter flights, etc etc... now it is only about what cash you can shove into the players pockets.
can’t /won’t help there.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Im going to reconsider giving any donation over the minimum I need to to keep my seats
i used to feel that my donation was helping the program ..better recruiting budget, helping to pay for charter flights, etc etc... now it is only about what cash you can shove into the players pockets.
can’t /won’t help there.
Will Wade seeing this news:

giphy.gif

VCU Heel

Elite Member
can’t /won’t help there.
The program still needs the money for recruiting, flights, etc. It’s not an either or thing.