Saw this on Instagram this afternoon

upload_2018-4-28_22-4-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-28_22-4-27.png
    upload_2018-4-28_22-4-27.png
    997.9 KB · Views: 2

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member

Yeah.... it sucks.... but based on a few things I saw/heard.... It doesn't surprise me that she transferred. If you wanna know more, PM me & I'll tell you what I know/have heard/seen. Obviously I don't know all the ins & outs of the situation..... but considering everything that's played out that I know about....

The move is 100 % not a surprise..... which is sad because Bria was a heck of a player, and also a really awesome person.

SpiderRAM

Elite Member
Insider
Seems like this program is making steady steps backwards, or at least not making a lot of noticeable steps forward.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Seems like this program is making steady steps backwards, or at least not making a lot of noticeable steps forward.

Ever since we lost Beth Cunningham.... we basically have been mediocre at best. And that's not a knock on our players.... cause we've had some DARN GOOD players here in these years. So after Beth C. left..... we got Coach Stollings, the first year as could be expected with any new coach taking over for a long tenured coach.... we struggled year 1. The 2nd year, we made significant improvements.... and almost knocked off #1 Dayton in the A10 Tourney (got robbed that game, but that's a different story for a different day).... and that 2nd year we were lead by Robyn Parks & a bunch of freshmen (Isis Thorpe, Keira Robinson, Jeezy Finney-Smith among others).

So then Marlene bounces and goes to Minnesota.... where former AD Norwood Teague left for a year before.... and we hire Beth O'Boyle out of Stony Brook.

And from the start of her tenure here... it's been a rough one. We've had 1 year that I would call GOOD..... the rest of the years have been average/mediocre at best. We've had several players transfer (Jeezy, Meemo, Kat Strong, Jessica Pellechio, now Bria Gibson.... among others) that have hurt us.

And of course last year after losing 9 players... (6 people to graduation, 1 due to career ending injury, and 2 to transfers)..... we struggled (just like the men's team did.... but worse).

Then, the end of December we get 2 players from Russia who came in and started taking minutes from some of our other players right away (which did not sit well with some players).... then you had the stuff going on with Bria Gibson, that caused her to step away from the team for the last month..... (Like I told Will... if you wanna know more, message me).

And it's no secret there's some behind the scenes tensions between some people.... that's all I'll say out here in the open.... again, if you wanna know more.... message me.