Buh Bye Bean

LLLeopold

Top Member
Feb 3, 2010
Gonna miss this place. Might as well enjoy it while it is still around.

Also time to find a new place to watch VCU Games for a bunch of us.

Thank you for all the years @richmondjefe
I visit the Local for away games. The owner has season ticket for the home games but makes sure the VCU games are on all TV’s.

But much thanks to Jefe. He was the man when TV options were limited. Buckets of beer were also nice.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
I visit the Local for away games. The owner has season ticket for the home games but makes sure the VCU games are on all TV’s.

But much thanks to Jefe. He was the man when TV options were limited. Buckets of beer were also nice.
is that the old Roxy?

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
We'll miss it, too. Love Jeff and his crew. And quite a few of you, too. That said, just got a new TV as a result of a squaretrade warranty fulfillment on one that went bad, this means less of a time strain on kat and I, will miss gathering with friends, but our house and this chair is more comfy (and affordable) than anywhere I can think of, so here's where we'll ride out away games we don't care to travel to, in order to attend.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: RAM7889 and VCU74

Love2Ram

Top Member
Feb 25, 2011
This is a bummer. Maybe some folks in the burbs will join me at the soon to open O'Toole's in Midlothian this season. We were lucky to have Jeff and there's no way to replace his enthusiasm and support he provided us. Great memories in his place.

Dec 2, 2012
Seems like there is a void for a VCU home base, I wonder if some one will pick up and fill it?

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Seems like there is a void for a VCU home base, I wonder if some one will pick up and fill it?
Seems like there's already a bunch of places that people watch VCU games... but probably no one will ever completely fill the void of Baja.... Baja had everything fans could want.... Good Food, Good Prices, Great Atmosphere, Halftime Raffles (Gift Cards, VCU Shirts, VCU Basketball Tickets, Chances to win A10 Tourney Tickets), The Senior Skull T-Shirts that were made every year... etc.

Also, the other thing that made Baja so special for a lot of us.... was Jefe made us priority.... so we had Priority over pretty much anything else at Baja.... whether it was Smitty & Karaoke (hope he fully recovers), or Florida State (or any other school's Football games)… etc. Also for the bigger road games where he knew there was going to be bigger turnout.... he also converted the pool room into more tables. So he took away that part of his business for a couple hours to accommodate VCU fans. And we also never had to worry about not hearing the games, or the feed being terrible.

Good luck finding somewhere that will fill all those voids, that is also big enough to hold up to a couple hundred people on Big road games or NCAA tourney games for people who can't make the trip.