Buh Bye Bean

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
City Beach is large enough to handle the crowd, they’ll put the game on most/all the TVs if we take it over, and they’ll put the sound on. They have some decent bar food too.

I know their manager and one of their owners. They’d love to have us. The only issue would be if our game was on at the same time as the NFL. From noon to 7 on NFL Sundays, they’re an NFL bar and have TVs dedicated to showing all of the games. But that’s going to be an issue at almost any sports bar large enough for the VCU crowd.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
City Beach is large enough to handle the crowd, they’ll put the game on most/all the TVs if we take it over, and they’ll put the sound on. They have some decent bar food too.

I know their manager and one of their owners. They’d love to have us. The only issue would be if our game was on at the same time as the NFL. From noon to 7 on NFL Sundays, they’re an NFL bar and have TVs dedicated to showing all of the games. But that’s going to be an issue at almost any sports bar large enough for the VCU crowd.
Never been in there.... do they have any side rooms or anything of the sort that would be able to hold VCU crowds if we did have a random Sunday game?

I know, other than during A10 Tournament (which football wouldn't interrupt) we don't usually have many Sunday games for the men, but in the event that we do... just curious?

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
Never been in there.... do they have any side rooms or anything of the sort that would be able to hold VCU crowds if we did have a random Sunday game?

I know, other than during A10 Tournament (which football wouldn't interrupt) we don't usually have many Sunday games for the men, but in the event that we do... just curious?
It’s a huge place with a large back room and they could easily accommodate us, but they dedicate all of their TVs to the NFL on Sundays. Most bars can only show 7 channels throughout the bar with Directv and there are always at least 7 1pm NFL games.

But I still think it’s the best location for a large VCU group.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009

Wasn't a problem at Baja. They were a VCU bar ☹

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Just a Reminder...…..Baja Bean is closing This coming Monday October 7th. You've been warned!

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
This Thursday though Sunday is the annual Golden Tee tournament at Baja. Expect it to be insanely packed.
Yup, and I heard a bunch of former Bartenders are coming back to work the weekend because of that. But hey at least there will be plenty of room for Golden Tees... since the pool room is no more.

Reactions: WestEndEd