Buh Bye Bean

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
I'm willing to bet home team grille will make a play to lure the black and Gold faithful.

Reactions: rvaram

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
I'm willing to bet home team grille will make a play to lure the black and Gold faithful.
I like hometeam. Nice place to watch the tourney, particularly if the weather is good since they can open up all the windows in the front.

Reactions: duncanlamb

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
I’ll go with City Beach. It’s much more conducive to both handling a large VCU fan contingency and making it easy to mingle with the rest of the fans instead of almost everyone sitting in their own booths. It would have a much closer to Baja feel than Home Team ever could.

CB will also show VCU games (with sound) over the NFL, UVA, VT, etc. per their manager if we show up in force. I haven’t heard the same promise from HT.

If we take over CB, then it’s pretty much ours to mold into whatever we want.

Last edited:

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
I’ll go with City Beach. It’s much more conducive to both handling a large VCU fan contingency and making it easy to mingle with the rest of the fans instead of almost everyone sitting in their own booths. It would have a much closer to Baja feel that Home Team ever could.

CB will also show VCU games (with sound) over the NFL, UVA, VT, etc. per their manager if we show up in force. I haven’t heard the same promise from HT.

I like the bolded part, way more fun imo.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
I’ll go with City Beach. It’s much more conducive to both handling a large VCU fan contingency and making it easy to mingle with the rest of the fans instead of almost everyone sitting in their own booths. It would have a much closer to Baja feel than Home Team ever could.

You mean mingle with people who can't afford their own booth ??!!

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
Who can’t afford a booth? Ha! Sitting in a booth is free. You just need to get one.
Here’s the thing about htg and their booths. The sight lines (for me and Mrs 74 anyway), we have to look uncomfortably up from there. some sight lines are blocked by the partitions, others by aisle walkers. I get people gotta move around and stuff but there’s no way for them to be out of the way especially if it’s crowded, people waiting for a seat and all that.
7310C9D0-A0F6-42FB-BD69-499C9606F172.png
The bar and the high tops not as bad though.

We’ve just had better luck seeing at
City Beach.

May 5, 2009
Here’s the thing about htg and their booths. The sight lines (for me and Mrs 74 anyway), we have to look uncomfortably up from there. some sight lines are blocked by the partitions, others by aisle walkers. I get people gotta move around and stuff but there’s no way for them to be out of the way especially if it’s crowded, people waiting for a seat and all that.
View attachment 7541
The bar and the high tops not as bad though.

We’ve just had better luck seeing at
City Beach.
Save money and grief by staying home. I use the savings to buy game tickets.

Reactions: MobileMunchies

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
Well I hope City Beach can do the trolley thing

Best of luck my friend @Jefe!