CBS Sports Top25 for Week 3

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
15. VCU Rams (4-0)
Previous ranking:
Unranked
This week: vs. Florida Gulf Coast (Saturday)
The Rams defense was never going to be an issue this season, but their ability -- or lack thereof -- to score consistently was the only thing keeping them out of our preseason top 25. But after putting up 83 points against LSU last week, Mike Rhoades' team has the makings of a legitimate second-weekend threat in the NCAA tournament. VCU ranked in the top 10 nationally in defensive efficiency last season and won 12 straight games to end the regular season, but their offensive output against good opponents left something to be desired. Having five guys in double figures against a good LSU team brings some optimism at that end moving forward.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
15. VCU Rams (4-0)
Previous ranking:
Unranked
This week: vs. Florida Gulf Coast (Saturday)
The Rams defense was never going to be an issue this season, but their ability -- or lack thereof -- to score consistently was the only thing keeping them out of our preseason top 25. But after putting up 83 points against LSU last week, Mike Rhoades' team has the makings of a legitimate second-weekend threat in the NCAA tournament. VCU ranked in the top 10 nationally in defensive efficiency last season and won 12 straight games to end the regular season, but their offensive output against good opponents left something to be desired. Having five guys in double figures against a good LSU team brings some optimism at that end moving forward.
Hey! VCU scored 84 against LSU. Every point counts ESPN :lol:

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Wow, didn't think we would jump that high (realizing this is just a couple of voters). How does Washington stay in the top 25 and Tennessee doesn't get in?

Reactions: MobileMunchies

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
That's a huge jump in the rankings. Not complaining, But scratching my head over how you jump that much when you've only played one other ranked team.

On a side note, seeing VCU basketball, and VT football both ranked makes my heart soar like a hawk......

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
That's a huge jump in the rankings. Not complaining, But scratching my head over how you jump that much when you've only played one other ranked team.

On a side note, seeing VCU basketball, and VT football both ranked makes my heart soar like a hawk......
Same! It was a good weekend for my teams! :D

Reactions: VCU85