Cincinnati Suspends John Brannen

Apr 21, 2009
This is not surprising. They had some serious personality conflicts coming down the stretch and the whole team went to the portal, so...

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

Sounds like he wasn't sensitive enough and not everyone got to play as much as they desired. Don't they have sensitivity training?
Not sensitive enough? The Athletic reported that he was already working under a reprimand, that he exceeded NCAA regulations for the length of practices, that one 3.5 hour practice was ended by medical personnel because he was denying players hydration.

He's also chased off 5 of the 7 players he's recruited, has 4 scholarship players on the roster at this point and no recruits for this class.

Guy sounds like a lunatic. Cincinnati will be well shed of him.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Not sensitive enough? The Athletic reported that he was already working under a reprimand, that he exceeded NCAA regulations for the length of practices, that one 3.5 hour practice was ended by medical personnel because he was denying players hydration.

He's also chased off 5 of the 7 players he's recruited, has 4 scholarship players on the roster at this point and no recruits for this class.

Guy sounds like a lunatic. Cincinnati will be well shed of him.
When will Coaches learn that times have changed. The things that our Coaches did to us even in Little League led to deaths, injuries, and issues men still deal with today.

The days of the Bobby Knights, and George Patton slapping a shell shocked (ptsd) soldier are done. Coaches have to be more deliberate with their discipline and find other way to motivate men other than running them to death, not allowing them to drink water, practicing until someone drops, and/or berating and cursing young guys.

Yes, I was in the Army and I played Football and it was the norm in my day. Today isnt my day, just like my day wasn't my dads, Coaches must adapt.

Quite a shame about Brannen, he is a solid coach and a pretty sharp guy.

Its a sad day for him, his family, the players, and the University of Cincinnati.

Mar 23, 2021
When will Coaches learn that times have changed. The things that our Coaches did to us even in Little League led to deaths, injuries, and issues men still deal with today.

The days of the Bobby Knights, and George Patton slapping a shell shocked (ptsd) soldier are done. Coaches have to be more deliberate with their discipline and find other way to motivate men other than running them to death, not allowing them to drink water, practicing until someone drops, and/or berating and cursing young guys.

Yes, I was in the Army and I played Football and it was the norm in my day. Today isnt my day, just like my day wasn't my dads, Coaches must adapt.

Quite a shame about Brannen, he is a solid coach and a pretty sharp guy.

Its a sad day for him, his family, the players, and the University of Cincinnati.
I hope they don't learn. Cause Rhoades has, which means better recruits for us since they don't wanna go elsewhere. Keep it up, Mike!!! You got my vote.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Cincinnati basketball has the feel of Pitt basketball right now. Based off of twitter and their message boards, Cinci never fully appreciated Mick Cronin even though he built them into a tournament regular after Bob Huggins’ bad exit from the program. Mick constantly won at Cinci and just took UCLA to the F4.

Pitt never appreciated Jamie Dixon and constantly bitched about him on message boards and twitter. He left to go to TCU (his alma mater) and TCUs made the tournament once, won the NIT, and started to invest more into their basketball program. Pitt has been an absolute dumpster fire since then.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM