Recruiting Closed: 2020 3* PF ELIJAH TAYLOR PUTS VCU IN HIS TOP 6

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

Elijah played Imhotep Chartee in philly on the same team wit Seth Lundy and former VCU targets 2019 top 50 Dahmor Bishop amd 2019 St. Joe's commit Chereef knox.

Elijah is a solid power forward with a good motor and a high basketball IQ.

He's played on a team that won the philly city championsup 3 stright years and beaten teams like IMG and Oak hill (top competition).

His final 6 include VCU, Florida, Notre Dame, Pitt, Seton Hall, Providence.

He is currently ranked #155 on 247. Show him some love.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Rankings and ratings are FAR less important to me than the programs on that list with us. This would be a MONSTER get for us.

BTW, this is "top" not "final" schools. Just saying
Noted. Thread Title changed.

Btw. We are ahead of Tennessee, Uconn, Geogia, Penn St, Rutgers ., Cincinnati, Dayton, Rhode Island , St. Joe's on his list.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I am not sure if Taylor will commit but this staff is about to load up for 2020. I have a good feeling about this class. In my opinion it is one of the most important classes in VCU's history. Reloading for 2020 after all of the lost classes has been looming for quite some time.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I am not sure if Taylor will commit but this staff is about to load up for 2020. I have a good feeling about this class. In my opinion it is one of the most important classes in VCU's history. Reloading for 2020 after all of the lost classes has been looming for quite some time.
Opportunity plus need define 2020. We have LOTS of minutes to offer, we are playing much better recently, will be ranked coming into the season, and we are already off to a fantastic start, so the opportunities are there for a killer class.

But we need a killer class because the locker room empties out after the season.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

Analysis.of six teams vying for taylor. Here is the writeup on vcu.

"
While Taylor would have to settle for the power forward position among the power conference options, VCU (and the smaller Atlantic 10 Conference) would offer him a chance at playing the center spot as well. That could be better suited for a player with his skillset down low. The Rams didn’t have a player over 6’8 who played double-digit minutes. He would be a nice addition to the 2020 class with fellow top-200 point guard Adrian Baldwin.
There’s a need for the Rams to add more frontcourt talent as well, with just Marcus Santos-Silva slated to be around for the 2020-21 season (he’ll be a senior). Even with a relatively new head coach in Mike Rhoades, the system with tough, physical athletes still prevails with this program. Taylor would be an excellent fit and could wind up an All-Atlantic 10 talent down the road.".

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017

Analysis.of six teams vying for taylor. Here is the writeup on vcu.

"
While Taylor would have to settle for the power forward position among the power conference options, VCU (and the smaller Atlantic 10 Conference) would offer him a chance at playing the center spot as well. That could be better suited for a player with his skillset down low. The Rams didn’t have a player over 6’8 who played double-digit minutes. He would be a nice addition to the 2020 class with fellow top-200 point guard Adrian Baldwin.
There’s a need for the Rams to add more frontcourt talent as well, with just Marcus Santos-Silva slated to be around for the 2020-21 season (he’ll be a senior). Even with a relatively new head coach in Mike Rhoades, the system with tough, physical athletes still prevails with this program. Taylor would be an excellent fit and could wind up an All-Atlantic 10 talent down the road.".
I was over on the UCF board the lately saying hey after the Jamille Reynolds commit. I see Taylor doing the same thing as I thought Jamille would do here, a 5/4. Or a 4/5 depending on who comes in. Height+Skill is a premium, we all know that so just have to see how it shakes out. I hope we can shake a good one. I really feel that we’re on that tipping point after the last two years, one or two guys...
/saying nothing that hasn’t been said.
Friendly people over there.