Recruiting Closed: 2020 3* PF ELIJAH TAYLOR PUTS VCU IN HIS TOP 6

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Not making any assumptions — just sharing that Bones posted this on his IG last night shortly after the Jones commitment.
I think ND is a heavy favorite. I expect him to commit this coming week. But I also know we've got a shot because of the Tressi boys, the philly/Delaware connection, and the apparent fact that ET and Banks really bonded during their visit. It would be super easy for ET to slip into a very comfortable spot with minutes galore on a successful team with ppl he knows.

We def owe the players on the existing team (SO to Kel!) and the 2020 class for doing some serious recruiting for us. I don't think it is likely to work with ET -- but it could. And it def worked for Jamir and MBJ

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Adding ET to this recruiting class would almost be ridiculous. That said, anything can happen. ND will be a tough out because he is very focused on academics and they are selling him on that and the ACC. He has stated he wants to put Dr. before his name. Not sure if that means MD or PHD. I just know that he and his family focus on education a great deal. Early in his recruitment he was looking at some Ivy League schools.

We need to sell him on the premise that we can offer him a great education and terrific basketball.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Adding ET to this recruiting class would almost be ridiculous. That said, anything can happen. ND will be a tough out because he is very focused on academics and they are selling him on that and the ACC. He has stated he wants to put Dr. before his name. Not sure if that means MD or PHD. I just know that he and his family focus on education a great deal. Early in his recruitment he was looking at some Ivy League schools.

We need to sell him on the premise that we can offer him a great education and terrific basketball.
he said he wants to study psychology, and we are competitive there. Dept uses resources of the med school, and the existence of the med school really might help (ND doesn't have one; they have a "relationship" with IU's med school)

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I do wonder what effect Brown-Jones playing AAU with Taylor and Bones Hyland's Philly roots will have.
Full transparency, when the OAK visit was canceled, I thought it was Taylor that had committed. When MBJ popped, I figured we were out of the Taylor running. Now, I am not so sure we are

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I noticed the 247sports crystal ball picks are now 100% for ND. One pick came in yesterday and one today.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Full transparency, when the OAK visit was canceled, I thought it was Taylor that had committed. When MBJ popped, I figured we were out of the Taylor running. Now, I am not so sure we are
I was assuming the same thing once MBJ committed. They are pretty much similar in size and ranking. I don't know anything about their style of play or if they would duplicates of each other skill-wise. I guess we just stay tuned but it feels like ND is going to be the move.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Yeah, this feels like ND. Can hate on the choice. Great school for a kid with academic aspirations.

Moving on. Staff got 4 of their 5 top choices which is phenomenal. They'll get a big or hold the open spot for a decommit, late riser, GT etc. As Ramification has pointed out, having so much of the work done allows them to be highly targeted from here on out (and get a jump on 2021)

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Yeah, this feels like ND. Can hate on the choice. Great school for a kid with academic aspirations.

Moving on. Staff got 4 of their 5 top choices which is phenomenal. They'll get a big or hold the open spot for a decommit, late riser, GT etc. As Ramification has pointed out, having so much of the work done allows them to be highly targeted from here on out (and get a jump on 2021)
Question: are there any big time local recruits on the horizon we can/should begin working on? Sounds like we're in a good position to have a shot at a Bacot-level local recruit.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Question: are there any big time local recruits on the horizon we can/should begin working on? Sounds like we're in a good position to have a shot at a Bacot-level local recruit.
Two, but I don't think we are likely spots for either.