Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Last edited:

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

Some highlights

Seems.to be good kid from altlanta!!! Betcha Tre clark knows him!!!

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
VCU is definitely the best overall program on that top 5 list. We’ll see how it goes.
what is really curious is that he was just offered by Miss State and GA Tech and neither lands in the top 5. Very very strange

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
what is really curious is that he was just offered by Miss State and GA Tech and neither lands in the top 5. Very very strange
Maybe he is more interested in teams that have been on him for a while and can offer serious playing time versus teams in P5 leagues that are just hoping on the band wagon and will try to over recruit him at every chance.

As we all know, all that glitters isn't gold. Fwiw, other than their respective leagues, if I were a baller I'd go VCU over Ga Tech or Miss State every time. Ga Tech does offer stellar education and solid location.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Maybe he is more interested in teams that have been on him for a while and can offer serious playing time versus teams in P5 leagues that are just hoping on the band wagon and will try to over recruit him at every chance.

As we all know, all that glitters isn't gold. Fwiw, other than the league if I were a baller I'd go VCU over Ga Tech or Miss State. Ga Tech does offer stellar education and solid location.
Our offer was essentially the same time as the P5s.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Our offer was essentially the same time as the P5s.
Offer yes, but have we been following him closely or is he new on our radar? If we are in the same boat as Miss State, and Ga Tech with regards to interest, good for us. Not too long ago that never would have happened.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Offer yes, but have we been following him closely or is he new on our radar? If we are in the same boat as Miss State, and Ga Tech with regards to interest, good for us. Not too long ago that never would have happened.
all of these offers are recent. All at the end of June. I don't know how many times we (or they) have seen him since.

It just seems like a curious situation to me.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
I feel like this is our next commit. First OV, first in his graphic, and by far the best school.

From our friends on the slu board who are excited for him.

sly board said:
Christian Fussell - PF/C, 6-10, 220 - Decatur, GA (Greenforest McCalep Christian Academy) - AAU: Team Forrest - Twitter: @C_fuss22
Offers: Saint Louis, VCU, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, Tulane, SIU-Carbondale, Indiana State, Charlotte, Middle Tennessee, Kent State, Tennessee State, Jacksonville State, Samford, East Tennessee State, UNC-Greensboro, Charleston, Northeastern, James Madison, Elon, Appalachian State, UNC-Asheville, Charleston Southern, Presbyterian, South Carolina Upstate, Florida Gulf Coast, Kennesaw State, Stetson.

Interest: Davidson, Seton Hall, St. John's, Florida, LSU, Alabama, Texas A&M, Georgia, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Houston, Tulsa, Princeton, Cornell, Belmont, Murray State, Morehead State, Toledo, Florida International, Marshall, Northern Kentucky, Youngstown State, Furman, Mercer, Chattanooga, Drexel, Georgia State, Arkansas State, Louisiana-Monroe, Coastal Carolina, Hampton, Campbell, Longwood, Jacksonville, Liberty, Florida A&M.

Latest News: Fussell is playing in the first session at the South (Houston) location of the NCAA College Basketball Academy this week. (7/23/19)

Scouting Report: Fussell is a versatile big man who can stretch the floor with his shooting. He has range out past the perimeter, can face up and hit shots over defenders from the mid-range and high post, and can catch and finish on the move. He passes well out of the post. He can guard multiple positions, rebounds, and blocks shots. He can handle the ball in the half court or in transition, where he moves well.