Recruiting Closed: Elijah Taylor

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
It’s been very quiet regarding his visit. Any news?

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
None. My sense is that Elijah is not a SM guy. I hope we get news of a commitment by Wednesday; if we don't, I suspect we become a long-shot candidate (if we aren't already). Very tough competition for him.

I will say that he seems very interested in getting a great education a well as a terrific basketball opportunity, and in his chosen field (psychology) we are every bit the peer of the other great schools he is considering, and have post-grad opportunities and resources some of the others don't. Even if he wasn't a basketball player, choosing VCU for psychology over Notre Dame or Florida would be a solid choice.

Reactions: mrgeode and SWV

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Elijah keeps a low profile on social media. He rarely posts on Twitter and IG unless it's important.

I imagine he will take all.his visits and then announce a commitment.

Reactions: SWV

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
None. My sense is that Elijah is not a SM guy. I hope we get news of a commitment by Wednesday; if we don't, I suspect we become a long-shot candidate (if we aren't already). Very tough competition for him.

I will say that he seems very interested in getting a great education a well as a terrific basketball opportunity, and in his chosen field (psychology) we are every bit the peer of the other great schools he is considering, and have post-grad opportunities and resources some of the others don't. Even if he wasn't a basketball player, choosing VCU for psychology over Notre Dame or Florida would be a solid choice.
Regarding that last sentence, you need a reality check.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Maybe he was thinking Miami or FSU.

In my quick googling, VCU is tied at #60 for Graduate Psychology programs along with: Notre Dame, Miami and FSU.

Florida is #39.
In my experience, below the top 15 or so it's more a matter of fit and funding than anything else. Source is a close friend with a master's in psychology from VCU, whose wife has a master's in psychology from Ohio State, and whose mom has a master's and doctorate in the same from UVA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newgate Prison