CMR v WW v SS v AG

Mar 26, 2011
WW, our last coach, went to the 'big' ;leagues and is 15-11, 6-8 in conference. And won't make the NCAA unless they win their conf tourney.

SS, our second to last coach, is in his third year at a Power 5, and is 16-11, 6-8 in conference. And won't make the NCAA unless they win their conf tourney.

AG, our coach before SS, is 11-14, and 5-8 in conference.

Our coach is 15-12, and 7-7 in conference. And won't make the NCAA unless they win the conf tourney. But he is in his first year here with almost all new guys.

GIVE HIM A BREAK PEOPLE!!

Jan 1, 2010
WW, our last coach, went to the 'big' ;leagues and is 15-11, 6-8 in conference. And won't make the NCAA unless they win their conf tourney.

SS, our second to last coach, is in his third year at a Power 5, and is 16-11, 6-8 in conference. And won't make the NCAA unless they win their conf tourney.

Our coach is 15-12, and 7-7 in conference. And won't make the NCAA unless they win the conf tourney. But he is in his first year here with almost all new guys.

Good post, but I think most are upset by the “ beatdowns” we’ve been getting... it’s more about competitiveness than actual wins/losses

May 19, 2015

GIVE HIM A BREAK PEOPLE!![/QUOTE. Fabulous post! Thank you!!

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009

Texas could get a bid, but I agree with the sentiment. We will be fine.

Aug 27, 2009
If anyone is in panic mode just look at Dayton. Anthony Grant was an amazing coach when he was here at VCU and he's struggling to stay out of he bottom of the A-10. Dayton had gone to 4 straight tournaments before this year. Losing a coach is devastating in college basketball.

Jan 1, 2010
If anyone is in panic mode just look at Dayton. Anthony Grant was an amazing coach when he was here at VCU and he's struggling to stay out of he bottom of the A-10. Dayton had gone to 4 straight tournaments before this year. Losing a coach is devastating in college basketball.
Again it’s about being “in” games. Just looked, Dayton’s biggest loss has been by 15. They have been in almost all their games. He has The players competing and wanting more.

SteelerRam

Top Member
Nov 23, 2017
Again it’s about being “in” games. Just looked, Dayton’s biggest loss has been by 15. They have been in almost all their games. He has The players competing and wanting more.
I disagree, we flat out don’t have a10 talent in a lot of positions. Not going to call anyone out but that is the obvious truth. I would also say without hesitation that Dayton has better talent than us. It’s going to take time people.

Apr 28, 2009
I too am not mad as much about loosing as it is in the way we have lost.....I try to stay positive but the one thing that is telling is fouls....we use to use a lot of fouls because players took the charge or just fouled hard to slow the offense down...It just appears to me that a lot of our guys don't have the same level of fire that the past teams have had....passion, energy, heart...has nothing to do with skills....someone said in another post...we lack a lot of fundamentals when playing... I think the one variable that a lot of people overlook is that all three of the previous coaches had cupboards that were at least half full... Not making an excuse for MR ......however basic skills fall back on the coach and coaching staff. I am not surprised by guard play....sometimes stats can be deceptive...SS by the star rankings has a way better team than ours but barley came out of the Stu with a win. With AG, and JC they have had better players and ended up being fired....WW is in his first year and is fairing no better with better recruits in a P5 conference....of course in his third year at Texas the verdict is still out on SS
....Look, chemistry is so important in any team sport...I said it before...give me someone who wants to be here....wants to win...and number one will hustle there A** off for the team...We just don't have that vocal leader on the team...We don't have that I'm not going to loose to these chumps kind of guys on this team....Our team is composed of a bunch of nice guys...Broad Street Bullies....absolutely not!!!.....loose if you will but go down fighting...too much folding up of the tents in games this year...When I grew up as kid my mom always said...you go out and fight the bully back...even if he kicks your a** you give him some good ol fashion punches so that he remembered who he fought....That mentality starts with the coaching staff.....Not giving up on MR yet...It has been a rough set of circumstances that he has to deal with but it is the coaches job to figure it out....I believe he will figure it out...We have been spoiled to the degree that anything less than a NCAA appearance is a failed season...
....7 years in a row is a good run...at the rate that we were turning over coaches (for those of you who like stats and numbers) It was bound to be a cycle when it finally caught up with us.....As I have gotten older I have learned to have patience...I respect anyone that is willing to try....All I can say to MR is I am in your corner....I believe in you... I believe we will win again and go to the dance under his regime....I just cant take another season full of blowouts....Go Rams!!! Go VCU!!!!

Last edited:

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Dayton also lost four starters from last year's team. People always look at the record last year and compare it to the current record but rarely dig deeper than that. Grant didn't inherit last year's NCAA Dayton roster.

Reactions: VCU<3 and HBK
May 4, 2012
Hes struggling of course, bare cupboard for him.
It will be interesting to see where Dayron and we are in 3 years.