Coaching Rumors (the Mike Rhoades edition)

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Lifetime contracts don't mean anything to either party. If Self wants to go, he'll go. If Kansas wants him out, he's out. Don't imagine either will happen anytime soon, but that stuff is just for show.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
I’d be extremely surprised. Jobs like UNC don’t come after up-and-comers in the coaching ranks. Shaka wouldn’t even have sniffed this job opening when his stock was the hottest before leaving VCU for Texas.

Listen to this..this search is different than previous ones.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
That would be a very weird hire. Turgeon has not had the best time at Maryland despite making the tournament this year.
Turgeon has made the tournament just about every year @ MD. Problem has been doing something when he gets there, this year included. They were well-positioned to make a run last year; I'd say they were with Dayton as the teams that lost out the most by the canceled tournament last year.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Would not be a surprise to see Rhoades mentioned for UNC.
"Mentioned?" I would be shocked if he wasn't. In fact didn't that fool Coaching Changes already do so?

Seriously a candidate? Very, very unlikely.

Ramikin

Elite Member
Insider
Michael Jordan? Too much of a celebrity? Bigger than the program? If he wanted it, would they give it to him?

KentuckyRam

Insider
Listen to this..this search is different than previous ones.
Do you mean the part where he says the most important part of the search is finding a person with "Integrity". Hope it is not Bennett.

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
He’s a billionaire. He’s not going to go to high school gyms and beg 17 year olds that weren’t even born the last time he was in the league to come play for him.
He could give them free shoes.