Coaching Rumors (the Mike Rhoades edition)

rammad90

Elite Member
UNC will probably hire Hubert Davis or Steve Robinson.
Both guys have paid their dues and you are correct. Fwiw, Steve Robinson wanted the VCU job when Norwood hired Shaka. The UNC family was pretty pissed.

rammad90

Elite Member
Beard’s buyout was $4 million for an intra-conference school, so I guess Texas REALLY wanted him.
Plus his salary was 5 million. We will see if it was Texas or Shaka. Fwiw, Beard does has already cleared a couple of hurdles Shaka never could.

Newboy

Elite Member
I am not at all connected to UNC like many on the board are, but do you think UNC takes a chance with a first time head coach in Davis, or Robinson, who if my memory serves me correctly was fired from his last job (FSU)?

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I would seriously consider Jerry Stackhouse if I was running the UNC coaching search. It’s not likely though.

artRAMinMN

Elite Member
I was wondering about the Roy Williams coaching tree, and after some admittedly quick and shallow research, I got the impression that it's a lot less developed than one might expect, given his tenure and record... maybe a matter of him casting too much shade or much to grow underneath? Maybe I just didn't look deep enough?

artRAMinMN

Elite Member
Also... IF either the Ohio State (Holtmann to UNC) or Maryland (Turg to Ok) happen, do we sweat either as possibilities for Rhoades? (figuring they're relatively within his established footprint)

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Also... IF either the Ohio State (Holtmann to UNC) or Maryland (Turg to Ok) happen, do we sweat either as possibilities for Rhoades? (figuring they're relatively within his established footprint)
Holtmann to UNC?

LOL

That isn’t happening.

artRAMinMN

Elite Member
It’s not being bandied about on any UNC sites. He has no connection to the program or to Roy.
The main proponent I've seen is Jaden Daly (Daly Dose of Hoops), but I do believe he is also in the fresh blood camp.