College Basketball/A10/VCU basketball Covid news, pause, forfeit, etc thread

I thought a thread dedicated to all Covid college basketball/VCU basketball covid news, pauses, forfeits, etc would be good to keep track of everything without it ending up in various threads since there’s a lot of postponement and cancellations happening around college basketball.

I think this wave will be over faster, because Omicron spread faster, so it's going to do what its going to do then burn out.

Please don't take this as a flip dismissal of people dying,.

I'm just saying things will happen fast.

RamsFan1974

Elite Member
Let‘s go play UK!

Also, I must be delirious from all these cancellations"…………..I am planning to watch ODU‘s bowl game. Lord help me.
i

artRAMinMN

Elite Member
There's a lot we don't know yet, as so much of this is still emerging. Some of the early info looks scary, some looks encouraging... but it's all still kinda early. It's so tempting to engage in wishful thinking, and lean into the encouraging info... and hopefully (fingers and toes crossed af) ... it stands up. But prematurely basing actions on best case/wishful thinking can be problematic. Much harder to put it back in a box after the fact.

I thought a thread dedicated to all Covid college basketball/VCU basketball covid news, pauses, forfeits, etc would be good to keep track of everything without it ending up in various threads since there’s a lot of postponement and cancellations happening around college basketball.
Thank goodness.

Ramdog

Elite Member
You should get tested for Covid. Watching odu football means you’ve lost your sense of taste.
Compelling event

the “losing record bowl”...teams fighting for a winning record. The CIT of college football.