College Basketball/A10/VCU basketball Covid news, pause, forfeit, etc thread

RamDanFan

Elite Member
In North Carolina, who actually track this, the percentage of COVID patients that are in intensive care an not vaccinated is approximately 89%. Even Gomer Pyle can look at those numbers and figure out what's working and what's not.

That‘s great! No one said they didn’t work. Stop quoting me like I disagree with you. it’s annoying.

urmite

Elite Member

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
Okay, for the record, I do not believe they are dangerous. Is it because of the Pfizer Board member I called out that makes it appear that I am calling out the vaccines? I called him out to show the drug makers are for profit and that it behooves them to influence the news so they can sell more of their safe vaccines. Even to people with prior infection that don’t need it. The key word should be “sell”. Who doesn’t want to try to control what the news says about a product or service that they produce or provide in a capitalistic society. I’m speaking entirely from a business background.
The vaccines are already bought and paid for by the government/taxpayer money, so you already paid for it whether you get the shot or not. Even if you don't have insurance, it's free to you. So your "controlling the news" narrative is BS.

Personally I don’t understand after going on 3 years of this at the current rate why people would want prolong this by fighting masks, vaccines, counter measures, etc. I mean if the plague or Smallpox was running wild I don’t think I would be yelling “Freedom!!!” Braveheart style. But that’s just me. The fact is the vaccines and masks have had a major impact on finding some control. Sure we’re dealing with surges now but quite simply if no action was taken you would be looking at full blown chaos globally. I remember at my hospital system a person who told me off for saying I was concerned about Italy back in Dec. I worried about it reaching here because I felt our health system was susceptible. The person told me I was crazy and that Italy was just unprepared. They said Corona would get stomped out when it got here. Two years later that same person tells everyone what a disaster covid is and how bad it was when they contracted going back to India in 2020 (That decision is another discussion.)

RamDanFan

Elite Member
The vaccines are already bought and paid for by the government/taxpayer money, so you already paid for it whether you get the shot or not. Even if you don't have insurance, it's free to you. So your "controlling the news" narrative is BS.

You obviously don’t know anything about business with a take that shallow.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
The donkey said to the tiger, 'The grass is blue.' Tiger said, 'No grass is green.'
The discussion between the two became intense. Both of them firm in their own words. To end this controversy, both went to Lion – King of Jungle.

In the middle of the animal kingdom, sitting on the throne was a lion. The donkey started yelling before the tiger could say anything. “Your Highness, the grass is blue, isn’t it?” Lion said, 'Yes! The grass is blue. '

Donkey said "'This tiger does not believe grass is blue and annoys me He should be punished properly." The king declared, "The Tiger will be jailed for a year."

The Tiger went to the Lion and asked, "Why Your Highness?! Grass is green, isn’t it? " Lion said, "Yes! Grass is green." The Tiger said, "then why am I sentenced to jail? "

The Lion replied, “you did not get punished for the grass being blue or green. You have been punished for debating with that stupid donkey. A brave and intelligent creature like yourself has argued with a donkey and wasted time to have come here to get a decision”

Moral of the story:
Don’t waste your time on social media arguing with people telling you that grass is blue.

Last edited:

VCU74

Elite Member
Provide me with the post # where I did that and I will gladly retract it.

That was the way I read this one yesterday. I had a long post written up with links etc. tried to delete something out of it and ended up whacking the whole post:-/

Anyway, plenty of studies have shown that antibody titers and efficacy declines over time with both vaccines and Covid cases. Your point to me seemed to be, if one has had Covid, why vaccinate?

Did I read that incorrectly?

BradRamFan

Elite Member
And neither does prior infection. What’s your point? You are arguing about something I posted a week ago that has nothing to do with my comments from today. That conversation was about the definition of “prevent”. I said prevent means to stop completely and someone else said it means lessen or reduce. I’m fine with that. I think we can all agree that these vaccines help prevent infection, but they do not completely stop (if that’s a better word than completely prevent) infection.
Not true....the vaccines completely stops infection (by the original covid and delta variant) in over 90% of the people who are vaccinated over a specific time frame. Different variants have slightly different genetics and thus the vaccine is not as effective because the target molecule on the new variant has been genetically changed from the original