College Basketball/A10/VCU basketball Covid news, pause, forfeit, etc thread

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Not completely true. Something we can all agree on (maybe) is way too much misinformation/BS/fake news. The short of it, some drug companies took a lump sum to develop their vaccine and some are getting paid per dose. Regardless, big business.

https://www.managedhealthcareexecutive.com/view/the-price-tags-on-the-covid-19-vaccines
I’d be interested to hear if there is consistency between people’s views on this being big business and what they think should be done about the overall health care industry in this country. I have a feeling that those views would conflict with each other for many people, and I’m pretty sure I know why.

I’d be interested to hear if there is consistency between people’s views on this being big business and what they think should be done about the overall health care industry in this country. I have a feeling that those views would conflict with each other for many people, and I’m pretty sure I know why.
Gosh, I don't want to start a war. It takes a chit load of money to develop drugs in this country. These companies spend this money many years before they get most drugs approved before they even begin to see cash coming in. I'm not saying it's good or bad but these Covid vaccines didn't get tied up for years or decades of red tape like many others.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
Not completely true. Something we can all agree on (maybe) is way too much misinformation/BS/fake news. The short of it, some drug companies took a lump sum to develop their vaccine and some are getting paid per dose. Regardless, big business.

https://www.managedhealthcareexecutive.com/view/the-price-tags-on-the-covid-19-vaccines
🤦🏾‍♂️ This is just a much longer version of what I said. Still bought and paid for by us. Of course it's still business, and of course things can change later on. But at least you had the guts to post something, unlike the other guy.

VCU Heel

Elite Member

My interest here would be where you think the majority of the misinformation/BS/fake news is coming from. It’s not a both sides thing.

goruck

Elite Member
Insider
My interest here would be where you think the majority of the misinformation/BS/fake news is coming from. It’s not a both sides thing.

Really started before the election. Agree it's all coming from one side now.
  • September 6, 2020: Kamala Harris says "I think that's going to be an issue" when asked if she would get an approved coronavirus vaccine.
  • July 28, 2020: Joe Biden suggests the coronavirus vaccine won't be "real" and may not be "safe."
  • August 6, 2020: Biden says the vaccine is "not likely to go through all the tests that needs to be and the trials that are needed to be done."
  • September 3, 2020: Biden asks "Who's going to take the shot? Are you going to be the first one to say sign me up?"
  • September 7, 2020: Biden said he would take the coronavirus vaccine "only if we knew all of what went into it."

VCU Heel

Elite Member
  • September 6, 2020: Kamala Harris says "I think that's going to be an issue" when asked if she would get an approved coronavirus vaccine.
  • July 28, 2020: Joe Biden suggests the coronavirus vaccine won't be "real" and may not be "safe."
  • August 6, 2020: Biden says the vaccine is "not likely to go through all the tests that needs to be and the trials that are needed to be done."
  • September 3, 2020: Biden asks "Who's going to take the shot? Are you going to be the first one to say sign me up?"
  • September 7, 2020: Biden said he would take the coronavirus vaccine "only if we knew all of what went into it."
LOL

You really believe that poop.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Gosh, I don't want to start a war. It takes a chit load of money to develop drugs in this country. These companies spend this money many years before they get most drugs approved before they even begin to see cash coming in. I'm not saying it's good or bad but these Covid vaccines didn't get tied up for years or decades of red tape like many others.
They had to go through the same clinical testing as other drugs on the market

Ramaholic

Elite Member
Respectfully, I think a large number on both sides are politicizing the heck out of this. Nearly every source of media has a political agenda as well. The few moderates in both parties are persecuted for there lack of blind devotion to there party. You would think something as serious as Covid would pull us together rather than apart.

Dalai Rama

Elite Member
The one I remember is Mario Cuomo from October of 2020: "I think it's going to be a very skeptical American public about taking the vaccine, and they should be."