College Basketball/A10/VCU basketball Covid news, pause, forfeit, etc thread

Major Ram 2.0

Elite Member
Let’s hope the evolution of this virus is reaching its end. I worry that people won’t accept it’s diminished virulence and try to get back to normal. It’s possible and I think it’s sooner than later. If not hysteria over each new flu strain will doom our society to a dystopia that our children will never recover
We can’t live in fear

Let’s hope the evolution of this virus is reaching its end. I worry that people won’t accept it’s diminished virulence and try to get back to normal. It’s possible and I think it’s sooner than later. If not hysteria over each new flu strain will doom our society to a dystopia that our children will never recover
We can’t live in fear

I don’t think people are living in fear of the virus. I think people are fearful of people who refuse to accept it and thus try to ignore its existence. Yeah early on the fear was the virus but that has shifted to now being around the people most susceptible to being infected.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
I took Heels reply to imply that all conservative and repubs are anti-vax and anti science and all dems and libs are abso-f‘ing-lutely right in everything .
If that is what heel was referring too then it's incomplete perception .

A substantial % of Africans Americans and Hispanics for the greater portion of this pandemic have refused in vaccinations because of their inherent trust in the federal.government.

African americans, in particular, because it's federal government has a long dark.history medical relation to vaccines.

"Perhaps the most notorious example of experimentation on Black bodies was the Tuskegee Syphilis Study, in which 400 sharecroppers were denied treatment for syphilis over 40 years. In 1932, U.S. Public Health Service employees recruited hundreds of poor, uneducated African American men with syphilis and watched them die avoidable deaths over time, even after a cure was found. The discovery of the experiment made front-page news in 1972. The study participants won a $10 million class-action settlement in 1975 and an apology from President Bill Clinton in 1997. " .

757RamFan

Elite Member
IMO, by the time SOTU rolls around, the downplaying of the virus will be at full throat from the very same ones that have asked everyone to be gravely concerned for these last almost 2 years.

The process has already started and here are some recent examples:

1. January 9, 2022, CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky tweet: “We must protect people with comorbidities from severe COVID-19.” That is focused protection, not mass protection.

2. With apologies to BradRamFan,

3. CDC is now saying you should not retest after recovering because the PCR test returns too many false positives.

4. CDC cutting isolation from 10 days to 5 days.

5. Walesky also recently admitted about 40% of “COVID patients” tested positive but do not have symptoms and are hospitalized for something else.

6. Pfizer’s Albert Bourla believes we will return to normal by the Spring. Time to start hawking the at home therapeutics. Every product has its life cycle.

Again, I am NOT downplaying the virus. Just reading and relaying what the ones in charge are saying.
I don't know man, I just don't think they're ready to give up control yet.

Isn’t it pretty universal that masks...at least the ones most are wearing are not very effective
not stating a position because I’m glad to wear it if that is what the science says.
MY OPINION; The masks most of us are wearing, including myself are pretty much window dressing. The paper and cloth masks I wear are probably poor choices but I supposes it's better than nothing.

Other than I think many of us are not wearing the correct hardware, I'm not trying to state any position. just sharing info for "food for thought"

Back in the day, prior to Covid, my company bought and used N95 masks by the case. On the box it said something like "only intended for particulate conditions" OSHA had a standard for respiratory protection and spelled out what protection was needed for certain hazards. We used 95 masks for "non hazardous" dust. (all dust is hazardous) When we worked in area's with lead, asbestos, mold, spraying chemicals we used respirators with specific filter cartridges designed for those conditions. If you wore the correct respirator spraying say lacquer, you don't even smell it. Wear an N95 and you would be high within a few minutes. Even if you were in a dusty environment and wore an N95 you would still be blowing black boogers at the end of the day simply because they don't fit perfect 100% of the time. The KN masks seem to fit slightly better but bulkier, blocks line of sight and seems slightly harder to breath from.

From the 3M data sheet:
3M™ Particulate Respirator 8210, N95 is a disposable particulate respirator that is designed to help provide reliable respiratory protection of at least 95 percent filtration efficiency against certain non-oil based particles. This respirator is designed for use for particles such as those from grinding, sanding, sweeping, sawing, bagging, or other dusty operations. This respirator can also help reduce inhalation exposures to certain airborne biological particles (examples: mold, Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis), but cannot eliminate the risk of contracting infection, illness, or disease.

Those of us at work don't recall seeing the part I put in bold prior to Covid. I've been told, don't know if there's any truth to it, that 3M added it in early 2021 after approval from the FDA.

Ramdog

Elite Member
Don’t know where else to put this…. But check this out! Imagine if we started doing this

If he was violating the rules deliberately when the program kept warning I’m not sure you can put the school at fault. Just because he’s a school legend doesn’t make him untouchable. The public figure thing is irrelevant really but I get that he’s noticed more than others. I mean we’re facing a the same deal with our certain higher up fans defying policies. Difference is our administration won’t do anything about it.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
If he was violating the rules deliberately when the program kept warning I’m not sure you can put the school at fault. Just because he’s a school legend doesn’t make him untouchable. The public figure thing is irrelevant really but I get that he’s noticed more than others. I mean we’re facing a the same deal with our certain higher up fans defying policies. Difference is our administration won’t do anything about it.

Stockton was also heavily involved in a wack-a-doo anti-vaccination film where he made RIDICULOUS and UNTRUE statements about how athlete's in their prime are dying en-masse from vaccination complications...I don't even wanna post a link to give this story any more air...just know there's a "list" floating around the ol interwebs of athletes who have "died".....many on the list are (gasp) alive, one died in a car fire, cycling accident....it's literally insane.....but also totally believable that people will buy ANYTHING that fits their sad, uninformed narrative because they know...deep inside, where they don't want to tread....that they've wasted days/hours/friends/relationships/et al for "proof" of their "truth".....Man, there aren't enough air quotes for these insane people.........

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
This is not about Gonzaga at all, it's about John Stockton being entitled because he's one of the greatest players in school history and thinking the rules don't apply to him.