College Football

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
@BaNgMyPrOgRaM @BigE Here's my solution to the CFP situation.... and it would please a good number of teams/conferences.... so here is how I would fix it...

1. First off ALL FBS conferences P5 or not.... will make it so their conference championship games feature the 2 best teams overall.... none of this East vs West, North vs South, Atlantic vs Coastal nonsense. So for example... if 2 best SEC Teams are Bama & LSU... they'd be in the champ. game... if Big Ten's best 2 teams are Ohio State & Michigan... they'd be in the champ. games. No more of this best in the East division vs Best in the west division.

2. The winners of every P5 conf (ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac 12, SEC) champ. game.... get an auto bid to the CFP.

3. If there is a Group of 5 school (UCF, Boise State, Cincy, Coastal Carolina... or any other group of 5 school)... that won their conference tourney and is ranked in the Top 12-15... the highest ranked Group of 5 school to fit this profile gets in. * (see #5)

4. The remaining 2 spots will be Wild Card Spots that go to the highest ranked remaining teams. So if Notre Dame goes back to being an independent (or stays in the ACC but doesn't win the conf. champ game)... they would fall into this category... assuming they are one of the highest rank teams after #2 & 3 play above.

*- 5. If there are no Group of 5 schools that win their conference championship game & are ranked in the top 12-15.... then you would add another Wild card spot to #4.

Then you rank the 8 teams accordingly starting with conference champions.... 1-5, (1-6 if #3 is in effect).... and the remaining wild cards to round out the top 8.

So if this were in effect this year... the Top 8 would've looked this year
1. Alabama (SEC Champion)
2. Clemson (ACC Champion)
3. Ohio State (Big Ten Champion)
4. Oklahoma (Big 12 Champion)
5. Oregon (Pac 12 Champion)
6. Cincinnati (Group of 5 highest ranked conf. Champion, ranked in top 12-15)
7. Notre Dame (Wild Card #1)
8. Texas A&M (Wild Card #2)

It gives everyone a fair chance of making the playoffs

BigE

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
I don't see a problem
this will give Four more bowls some relevancy and the Orange Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Peach Bowl will become watchable again.

BigE

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
PLAYOFF EXPANSION AGAIN - THIS TIME 12.

Feb 8, 2010
My question for all of these proposals is how they're going to treat G5 schools. I have a nagging feeling that a team like Cincinnati, UCF, or Boise State would somehow end up 13th and it would just be twelve P5 schools going at it.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

BigE

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
AP Top 25 @AP_Top25
zdCDCz4q

BREAKING: A proposal under consideration would expand the College Football Playoff from four to 12 teams, with six spots reserved for the highest-ranked conference champions.

Feb 8, 2010
I'm willing to bet every G5 team would somehow end up ranked 13th or lower under this new system.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Mar 27, 2009
So your telling fodu there's a chance to win a natty? That and legalized marijuana I thought I would ever see in my lifetime.