Conference change uncertainty

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Bro I was on this board when it first started. Heck I was on the CAAzone. I just couldn’t get to my old account. You can stop with the troll stuff.

I’m pointing out this is a vital period for VCU because it could determine our future for years should something happen with conferences that put us in a bad situation. A10 has greatly helped our brand but should the quality drop that severely hurt us. Obviously in a ideal world we would get to the Big East but we definitely wouldn't be first in line especially with our up and downs the last few years. Note: I’m not advocating for any major changes like coaches and such.
Can you imagine if the CAAZone was still a thing? With a season like this?? I would be a flaming unreadable mess....

You see young kids, in the old days of the interwebs...CAAZone was a message board site where each team in the conference had their own board and then a general board for shared conversations. Suprisingly? It worked well for a time...almost as if "trolling" wasn't as preponderant as it is today. However, the Human Condition played out like you would imagine and soon the Boards turned into a monkey cage full of flying feces and less about conversation/info
Then, one day....a shining beacon of light arrived around April 2009....and we were saved from the urine soaked CAAZone and found safe harbor here.

Best part was that on the CAAZone? Everyone else was like "You'll be back"......but we weren't and we haven't....and now it only exists in fragments along with aol.com and geocities and the like....I once compared explaining the CAAZone to younger people like explaining the concept of a card catalog at a library.
RRR is an OG!!

Reactions: VCU Finance 2008

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Can you imagine if the CAAZone was still a thing? With a season like this?? I would be a flaming unreadable mess....

You see young kids, in the old days of the interwebs...CAAZone was a message board site where each team in the conference had their own board and then a general board for shared conversations. Suprisingly? It worked well for a time...almost as if "trolling" wasn't as preponderant as it is today. However, the Human Condition played out like you would imagine and soon the Boards turned into a monkey cage full of flying feces and less about conversation/info
Then, one day....a shining beacon of light arrived around April 2009....and we were saved from the urine soaked CAAZone and found safe harbor here.

Best part was that on the CAAZone? Everyone else was like "You'll be back"......but we weren't and we haven't....and now it only exists in fragments along with aol.com and geocities and the like....I once compared explaining the CAAZone to younger people like explaining the concept of a card catalog at a library.
RRR is an OG!!
Nevermind when CAAzone would seemingly crash every time they lost... especially to VCU in the CAA tourney.... What were they 0-7 in CAA tourney against us? Remember when all the VCU fans started pulling for Towson in the 09 semis... and Towson almost beat em? Man those were the days.

• Haha
Reactions: Half-baked Mcbride
Jan 15, 2020

RRR is an OG!!
Mother of god I can’t imagine CAAzone with a 5 game losing streak. Not to mention we’d have our fans going at while trolls from odu, gmu, etc everywhere. Definition of a cluster F

Nevermind when CAAzone would seemingly crash every time they lost... especially to VCU in the CAA tourney.... What were they 0-7 in CAA tourney against us? Remember when all the VCU fans started pulling for Towson in the 09 semis... and Towson almost beat em? Man those were the days.
I know after big wins I had to hope Mason wouldn’t lose so we could celebrate unless it was against them in which case you just knew it would be down the rest of the day.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009

RRR is an OG!!
It was a great idea, but it could get down right awful at times. Glad we all ended up here. How many people are left from those days?

Cyniclone

Top Member
Jan 30, 2013
I tried to get onto CAAZone because I had two schools in it at the time but they never approved my application, or maybe they had already given up by then. I don't especially miss the CAA for either school but there was definitely some good times for banter, particularly between the Virginia schools.

Dec 2, 2012
Hot take:
If we all shared an A10 message board, we would be better people. Everyone retreats into there own little circle, and only hears news filtered for them.
Its a problem in the country, in basketball, and in life.
Confirmation bias re enforced.

Cyniclone

Top Member
Jan 30, 2013
Hot take:
If we all shared an A10 message board, we would be better people. Everyone retreats into there own little circle, and only hears news filtered for them.
Its a problem in the country, in basketball, and in life.
Confirmation bias re enforced.
There's something to that. The ODU board is part of the CSN family, where there's a fairly active CUSA board and a very active college sports/realignment board, among many others. It's fun to banter with, say, Marshall and Charlotte fans, and then hop over to the main board to make fun of everyone's incredibly unrealistic realignment plans.

I like talking with you jerks but if it's not about VCU men's basketball, there's really nothing else to chat about. The off-topic board in theory should be thriving but it isn't. Everything here, even if not necessarily by intent, has a tunnel focus on the men's team. So that topic gets posted, repeated, dissected and then the parts repeated and dissected further.

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
Let's win out, get our first natty and then take that invite to the acc!