Countdown to the Black & Gold Game

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Vince tweeted out just the other day..."First day of practice". So I guess he has been held out until getting medical approval. I'm ok with him not playing the B&G....practice is hard enough but controlled. Give him the month or so to get the shoulder in game shape while getting into game shape in practice. It is unfortunate however that he has missed two summers of working the weights to bulk up. Nonetheless, he does have a game ready body.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
A
Vince tweeted out just the other day..."First day of practice". So I guess he has been held out until getting medical approval. I'm ok with him not playing the B&G....practice is hard enough but controlled. Give him the month or so to get the shoulder in game shape while getting into game shape in practice. It is unfortunate however that he has missed two summers of working the weights to bulk up. Nonetheless, he does have a game ready body.

This bothers me a little bit. Marcus did the same thing. He injures one Achilles heel during a pick up game then did the same thing to other achilles.

No more summer pick up games coming off injuries, please.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
The world is a poorer place for NOT having an easily accessible pic of VCU forward #3 Ivan Chappell. 3rd on the team in scoring in 95/96 AND a .704 clip from the free-throw line with his high hoist from the shoulder form.

his shooting form was like Jim Furyk's golf swing....unusually but effective

Reactions: TampaKAP

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
I've said it before..if you watch games in recent years, chris k has transformed his entire body!!! Pretty awesome...I am still trying get to into routine to keep.myself healthy as I get older...one step forward and 2 steps back for me..I always find watching him inspiring...gives me hope..my hats is always off to @rollins77 ...great writer and nice guy!!!