Countdown to the Black & Gold Game

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Just got back. All I can say is buckle up, this team is better than advertised. We are the deepest team I can recall. Bones is already solid. Evans and Jenkins will be leaders. Vann, Crow, Sims look great. Silva a beast. Curry was absolutely terrific and should get much more pt this year. We can shoot outside, we have a nice inside game, and are as athletic as I can ever remember. I don't know how Coach is going to work out playing time because we are loaded top to bottom. On top of all this they were such a classy bunch with the women's team as my daughter adored getting their autographs with the Junior Rowdys. Great group of guys/girls. This could be a very very special year folks.

Hops

Top Member
Insider
Jul 14, 2013
Best B+G game in recent memory.
- Bones showed he is more than a shooter (good assists, passing, defense, steals, handle); sneaky fast, too; He'll get minutes this year
- Ward looked strong (led team in blocked shots, good hands, rebounder)
-Team came out tight (missing shots) but warmed up and put on a show
- McAllister won my vote in the pre-game dunk show. Serious Hops (and I should know)
- Santos-Silva's put-back slam was the play of the night (Sports Center worthy)
- Almost every player did something good
Game increased my already Sky-High expectations for this team.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Just got back. All I can say is buckle up, this team is better than advertised. We are the deepest team I can recall. Bones is already solid. Evans and Jenkins will be leaders. Vann, Crow, Sims look great. Silva a beast. Curry was absolutely terrific and should get much more pt this year. We can shoot outside, we have a nice inside game, and are as athletic as I can ever remember. I don't know how Coach is going to work out playing time because we are loaded top to bottom. On top of all this they were such a classy bunch with the women's team as my daughter adored getting their autographs with the Junior Rowdys. Great group of guys/girls. This could be a very very special year folks.
Best B+G game in recent memory.
- Bones showed he is more than a shooter (good assists, passing, defense, steals, handle); sneaky fast, too; He'll get minutes this year
- Ward looked strong (led team in blocked shots, good hands, rebounder)
-Team came out tight (missing shots) but warmed up and put on a show
- McAllister won my vote in the pre-game dunk show. Serious Hops (and I should know)
- Santos-Silva's put-back slam was the play of the night (Sports Center worthy)
- Almost every player did something good
Game increased my already Sky-High expectations for this team.

And lets not forget..... as good as we looked... we didn't have Douglas or Williams playing tonight. So imagine, what it'll be like once we get those 2 at 100% strength..... talk about a lineup full of potential.

But lets also not get too far ahead of ourselves. Take it one game at a time. We looked good tonight scrimmaging against each other. Now we got VSU coming up in 2 weeks with a secret scrimmage in between (I think). Then after that we got the real deal.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
And lets not forget..... as good as we looked... we didn't have Douglas or Williams playing tonight. So imagine, what it'll be like once we get those 2 at 100% strength..... talk about a lineup full of potential.

But lets also not get too far ahead of ourselves. Take it one game at a time. We looked good tonight scrimmaging against each other. Now we got VSU coming up in 2 weeks with a secret scrimmage in between (I think). Then after that we got the real deal.
The secret scrimmage with UVA is next Saturday at the Stu.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Random thoughts: It was a fun scrimmage that started out sloppy with poor shooting but then it picked up. Shots began falling and the shooting was good. Both teams played good D which caused turnovers but the team needs to protect that ball. Too many unforced turnovers. Only other negative was Silva's free throw shooting. I know he can make them but tonight it looked like a knuckleball. He played great but he needs to get that straight because he will be at the line quite a bit this year. The freshmen looked comfortable. Jenkins had 8 rebounds and he made some nice plays. Bones is a baller. He is so comfortable. Crafty and quick at point. Not selfish and looks for the open man. He can shoot too. Love Hyland's size at point. McAllister is a big guard in other ways than height. He is muscular and athletic. He was putting on a show before the game with some freakish dunks. He plays hawking fullcourt D and he hit a 3. Curry looked great out there. He has serious moves once he breaks to the glass. Ward is good. He is long and like a pogo stick. Clark has a nice shooting stroke and Henderson hit two consecutive 3s in the 1st half. We know about the seniors so no need to go into everyone. Good time tonight. Looking forward to the season.
well said in every way. I feel the very same about what I just saw.
I wanna add about JMcA... yeahhhh, he's a beastly defender. Opposing players are gonna hate him. I could see him being like bri, he's relentless, tenacious, persistent, and he and Bones double team fools.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011

Yes with Vince and Corey out too good point. Not trying to jump ahead. I'm usually pretty negative during the black/gold game haha but we looked exceptional. I know it's just a fun scrimmage but we look so far ahead from last year and last year was a very good year.